Danielle | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/20/2019

Taking this medication for my Eczema - did not work at all and when I stopped taking it all my hair fell out = completely bald.

jomehu | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/20/2018

I started taking this for chronic hives when nothing else worked. First excessive hair growth mostly on head, but then after a few months it started falling out. Seems to have tapered off. Drug works for hives, but I have been on and off of it for 4 years. Now have some kidney damage and don't want to take it any longer. But hives are back with a vengeance. Next drug may be plaquenil. No free lunch. All these drugs have side effects, but I cannot live any quality of life with hives all over my body.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2016

This drug was the only one able to control my chronic hives but now I have multiple infections, stomach upset and hair loss. When I asked the doctor about the hair loss he told me it must be stress. If stress caused hair loss I would already be bald. I have also noticed dark hair growing on my face and a beard is not cute on a female. I am seriously ready to stop using this medicine. It is nasty. I read an article about an asthma drug that helps people with chronic hives without the side effects. I think a study was supposed to be published in a dermatology magazine in July 2014. It is a shot but I still think it would be better than this drug.Read More Read Less

Raford | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/1/2016
Condition: Prevention of Cardiac Transplant Rejection

25 years post transplant and counting. No problems other than age related.

Christy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2015

Cyclosporine is brutal. I have grown excess black hair on my face, arms, legs, etc. My gums are so swollen and sore. I am extremely tired and weak. It has done its job by keeping my immune system depressed. I take it for Severe Aplastic Anemia. I don't know how long I will have to continue taking it, but hope it is not forever. It does taste bad, but I take it with crangrape juice and that helps. I am afraid of what it is doing to my organs.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/20/2014
Condition: Severe Psoriasis that is Resistant to Treatment

I had severe psoriasis 95 percent covered, been on it for 3 months. Most of it has gone away. I am now reduced to smaller quantity. Side effects are minimal compared to the others who posted comments. Fatigue, some hair loss, higher blood pressure. I hope I can go off this soon. I hope the condition won't back.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/1/2014
Condition: Body's Rejection of a Transplanted Organ

I received this drug for a cornea graft, amongst other medicines (steroids etc) and unfortunately it didn't work. 4 Grafts and no luck. I found it not hard to use but got sick often and found the nausea was frequently bad.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/14/2014

Have ben taking this medication for a month for a kidney condition and have had multiple side effects including body weakness, insomnia,inability to remain focused, jitteriness,muscle cramping, flatuence,indigestion,intermittent memory loss. Hope I will not have to stay on it much longer.

PaulO. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/16/2014
Condition: Severe Psoriasis that is Resistant to Treatment

After 3 weeks, my skin cleared up completely after suffering from eczema for most of my life. Unfortunately, I got a boil on my chest area which after noticing it foe 1 day, it caused nausea and I ended up in the ER w/ an infection and was required to discontinue use.

Martin | 55-64 | Male | Patient
4/12/2014

Cold sores, fatigue and inability to sleep and get enough rest. I have stage 4 kidney disease.

Sauceyms | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/17/2013

Interestingly I only found one other post where someone was taking cyclosporin for aplastic anemia which is what I have. My white count started at 2 when I was diagnosed. I am now up to 81. But have had many platelet transfusions. I have been taking this for about 2 years. I went through the ATG and had 2 heart attacks while in the hospital. They put a stent in my heart. I am home now but the side effects are brutal! Growing dark hair everywhere. However, the hair on my head is thining. Fatigue, confusion, eyesight and hearing problems. Muscle aches...I could go on and on...How long can a person take this stuff? My oncologist tried to wean me off but had to put me back on. Oh yes, I almost forgot (haha) I also now have two confirmed leisions of skin cancer on my face. Plus I need to have a liter of saline every day because this is damaging my kidney function.Read More Read Less

karin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/10/2013

right now the only thing bothering me is the smell...it smells like weed!an when I take it I have to hold my breath.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/3/2013

I was prescribed med when other meds failed to stop Autoimmune urticaria. It worked within days of starting by stopping hives. Unfortunately, taking it has made me feel miserable otherwise. I have been very tired, my blood pressure has risen considerably, aching in my joints, flushing skin, swollen and tingling hands, and unable to sleep. In the process of weaning off it and hope that hives stay in remission so that I do not have to take this medicine again.

rocrgurl1023 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/7/2013

I'm taking cyclosporine for Sjogrens Syndrome and intercystital cystits. It has made a big difference in the dryness I have to deal with and with my bladder issues. I did develop high blood pressure, but its well worth me taking another med. The dryness was horrible before. My eyes were really dry and had very little saliva production.

Enaud | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/21/2013
Condition: Prevent Kidney Transplant Rejection

Tiredness is unrelenting, mental slowness as well

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2013
Condition: Prevent of Transplant Rejection

I have had cyclosporine given to me on two occasions, first in 2005 post a renal transplant and recently post a pancreas and kidney transplant. The first time it was continued for aprox a week but fortunately the 2nd time I insisted that it had bad effects for me and thus the doctors discontinued it. The headaches, nausea and vomiting were extreme, I would vomit even if foods were mentioned or brought near me. When I was discharged the migraines were so bad that I was admitted into hospital and also was given CT and MRI scans but nothing abnormal was found. The recent transplant I received 01/01/2013, I initially was given two or three doses of cyclosporine which was enough to cause me headaches, nausea and vomiting for a short period until it was discontinuesRead More Read Less

Becky | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/31/2013

I have had chronic hives for years. They come and go, but when they come back it is with a vengenance. My allergist finally started me on cyclosporin and I had to start out at 200mg a day and slowly decrease. After several months, the hives were gone! No really bad side effects other than some excessive facial hair. Now the hives have returned and I started the mediciation again. But the blood tests for kidney function is high so I had to stop the medicine. Hives have returned, especially the itching. This drug works for me and I would take it as long as necessary.Read More Read Less

cp43 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
1/9/2013
Condition: Severe Psoriasis that is Resistant to Treatment

I seem to be gaining weight with this drug. Is anyone else having that problem with the cyclosporine. Also joints ache

zCummo | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/6/2012

I got diagnosed with psoriasis at the start of 2011, it ruined my life. All the creams I had never worked and the photo-therapy didn't work, I tried the cyclosporine and it made me sick. I tried the oral solution and that make my psoriasis worse so I went back to the tablet ones, now I've ran out of them and I have 14 of the symptoms that come with cyclosporine. I'm so worried now, can't stop crying I'm that scared.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/16/2012
Condition: Prevent Kidney Transplant Rejection

This drug has worked perfectly for me.. I am in my 24th year with no rejection at all