palintex | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/28/2012

I was given this medication after my breast cancer which was estrogen positive. It works very good for me with no side effects. I hate that the drug companies quit making it because it was an "older" med and no one was prescribing it anymore. Maybe WE need to educate our physicans that it needs to be put back on the market. I think it was such an inexpensive drug that the pharmachical companies weren't making money on it anymore. Supply vs Demand. I don't know how to fight it to get it back.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/16/2010

This is the only medication I could use for the treatment of hotflashes that really worked. I am a cancer patient and cannot have estrogen. Now the drug has been pulled from the market by the FDA. I am miserable. I hope it will be available in the future.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/16/2010
Condition: Osteoporosis

this treatment is awsome. I love drugs.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2009

It helps with the hot flashes and insomnia but it leaves me drugged out the following morning . It definitely makes a person sleepy. I cant get enough when I take this medication.

Kristina | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/27/2009
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've used the drug for over 10 years. In 47 yrs of migraine treatments it has been the most helpful in preventing the attacks of any drug I've tried. It has also helpd with menopausal symptoms wwhich included increased migraine intensity and duration Any idea where I can get it in Chicago or Minneapolis/St.Paul?

moni | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/20/2008

I used this drug for surgically induced menopause. I too was upset when this drug was pulled from the market. The Rocky Mountain Cancer center found a compounding pharmacy that will make it up. I get it from Wise pharmacy in Littleton Colorado and my sister gets it from a compounding pharmacy in DeKalb. It is pricey if you don't have prescription insurance - $80 per month. It has made a tremendous difference for me.

T.Spence | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/26/2008

I used this medicine for post menopause. It helped me with the hot-flashes and mostly with trouble sleeping. I can't believe it has been taken of the market. Is there a medicine that has been used to replace it? My doctor has tried several other options and they haven't worked. I'm now having to take a sleeping bill; which I don't like relying on. I hope they put the medicine back on the market.

wendid | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/22/2008

My Doctor just gave me a rx for this med. I had trouble finding a drug store that carried it. I finally did

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/22/2008

I've been taking this med for 7+ years, following breast cancer/chemo-induced menopause. How are you supposed to taper off gradually when there has been no warning that the drug was no longer available? I had less than 2 weeks worth of meds left when I found out,when I tried to get a refill. I'm taking half doses, every other day, now, and am having sleep problems and nervousness, not to mention the hot flashes are worse. What's a woman to do!?!

NJW204 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/22/2008

I have been using this med for approx 2 yrs for hot flashes. I am very disturbed about not being able to get this any longer. It worked extremely well, no more flashes & helpful for sleeping, also helped with my stomach spasms. What can we do to keep them producing this great med?

auntielynn | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/29/2008
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been using Bellaspas/Bellamine=S and other names for the same drug combination now for nearly 4 years. It was prescribed by a neurologist for crippling migraines which kept me in non-functioning mode at least 6 of every 7 days -- and the symptoms were getting worse with the onset of menopause. In the FDA's infinate wisdom, they threatened the makers with the following letter ( posted here: https://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g6240d.pdf ) in the first quarter of 2007. Evidently Bellaspas/Bellamine etc had been grandfathered in to the new FDA rules because it was, as my pharmacist called it, "an old fashioned drug." Meaning that it, like aspirin, accomplished many positive results without making "patent" money for any drug company. Since it is made from Belladona (the Nightshade family of plants), Ergotimine (also a plant), and phenobarbital (as old as the hills, but still one of the best anti-spasmodic and other-purposed narcotics) -- none of the ingredients make money for anybody. Now, if they added something new to the mix -- like one of the new anti-inflamitories, it could re-enter the testing and labeling process . My vote is that they add a low dose of pain reliever / anti-inflam agent. As it stands now, however, Bellawhatever has just about vanished. Thank you FDA. When my supply runs out, I expect I will be back on the floor in a dark room for 6 of every 7 days. So much for effective government.Read More Read Less

Kathy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/23/2007

I have been taking this drug for about 3 years. It really helps with menopause symtoms I feel human taking this medication I just found out by my pharmacy I can no longer get this medication. sad!!!

Nina | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/28/2007

I am very upset that this has been recalled. I have been using this for 3 yrs for Pre-menopausal symptoms. It is a wonder drug. I can sleep, with little or no hot flashes, no headaches, no side effects. I have been told by my gyno that there is "no" replacement. He gave me a prescription for sleeping pills that I should take only as needed. Well, that's no help to me at all. It has a host of possible unpleasant side effects, besides being highly addictive, and I don't want to take it. As we ladies know, we don't know that we can't get to sleep until it's too late to take a sleeping pill. I e-mailed the FDA, I think I will take the matter up with the manufacturer also. Thanks for listeningRead More Read Less

Debbie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/21/2007

This medicine took care of my IBS symptoms of abdominal pain, diarrhea, and colon spasms. Now they don't make it. What did anyone replace it with? I am now suffering severly.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/31/2007

I have been taking this medication as needed for stomach cramps and diarrhea. It really helped relieve all my symptoms, and I haven’t noticed any side effects from taking it.

lisa.davis16 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/28/2007

I have used this for treatment of post-menopausal symptoms caused by a hysterectomy performed upon surgical discovery of Ovarian Cancer, Stage 3c when i went in to have undetermined ovarian masses removed. I have had subsequent de-bulking surguries (total of seven laparotomies, in one of which I lost my spleen) and i have no idea how much chemo, plus radiation in the more than twelve years I have been in the fight. My symptoms that Bellamine seems to help with include neuropathy ('hot' feet, restless/twitchy legs); cramps in my abdomen, sides, and legs; and terrible hot-flashes. Please don't quit making this stuff, I NEED it! At ten dollars a bottle it is irreplaceable.Read More Read Less

shrebear | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2007

i have not taken it long i am using it for premenopause so i think i will only use it about 10 days out of the month so it don't stop working