Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/10/2013
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/3/2008
Condition: Migraine Headache

Re Cafergot oral tabs (don't know what "pb" stands for here, but the pills prescribed for me don't contain it to the best of my knowledge). My migraines were continuous and totally debilitating: they would last for 7-10 days at a time, the next one would begin before the previous one even ended, and were so painful that I was literally bedridden, absolutely flat and unable to tolerate even a pillow under my head! Further, I sometimes had ophthalmoplegiac migraines: "a marked paresis of the exterior rectus muscle of the right eye." Cafergot has always brought complete relief, usually with a single pill, always with no more than two (for me, taken >4 hrs apart -- taking them too close together can cause a rebound headache). Can, if necessary, be taken with 400 mg OTC ibuprofen and/or an anti-nausea med like OTC Dramamine; I've never needed any stronger supplementary medications. Also, as an older drug than other migraine medications, I feel that more is known about any potential risks, adverse reactions and contraindications. Available in generic.

Dianne | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/25/2008
Condition: Migraine Headache

This was a wonderful drug when I needed it. I suffered 2 -3 migraines per month for 15 years or more... It wasn't until the last 2 years that a Dr. prescribed this medication. It was the first time that a medication actually worked to not just reduce the pain, but removed it. The most important factor is to take it immediately when you feel a migraine coming on. If you wait, it won't be nearly as effective. Also, I never experienced any sort of side effects from the drug. Just pure relief.