poor

T | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2022

I needed a CT Scan of Abomen and Pelvic area. This drink was horrible, but thats not the problem. My CT scan was 3 days ago. Can't hold food down, diarreha and nauseua.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2019
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

It was so gross to taste and I mixed it with a strawberry banana flavored drink. If I had to do it again I’d mix it with something stronger or more tart like mango or pineapple. Very hard to drink.

Smiley | 75 or over | Female | Patient
9/25/2013

I read the 2nd review and it was very helpful. I cannot add anything to it.

ctt | Male | Patient
11/1/2012

Caused extreme diarrhea for 10 hours.

kjmcgaha | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2012
Condition: X-Ray of Arteries that are Distant From Center of the Body

I was told there were no side effects I am highly allergic to Iodine IVP dye and was told this was a safe alternative. After ingested I went in to severe allergic reaction, I started to have a seizure and then I couldn't move any part of my body for several hours. I still had total awareness from onset of reaction but could not speak or interact with the ER doctors or nurses. Very scary experience!!

wanderer | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/13/2011

Prior to the ct scan of my abdomen, I had to drink the gastroview in a 32 oz quantity over an hour period... it was mixed in with Crystal Light, cherry flavor. It actually did not taste bad at all. I hadn't eaten in 24 hours prior to the drinking of it, so it tasted pretty good. I experienced no side effects during the ct scan as a result of drinking gastroview... and my only concern is the color of the diarrhea I'm experiencing the next day, which is today. It looks red. The radiologist had warned me that I might notice this, and not to be alarmed. I had no rashes, no hives... it was all pretty uneventful, just the way anyone would want it to be. The iodine injection came later, at the time of the scan. It felt warm and fuzzy, was over in a minute.Read More Read Less

wildwoodgirl | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2010
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

This was the worst tasting medication I have ever taken - worse than Barium. I gagged numerous times trying to drink it and am still having nausea and diarrhea a day later. There must be something better to use.

Susanna | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/13/2009

I had taken this orally at least a dozen times before having a CT scan with no adverse effects. The last time I had it before a CT scan, however, my throat swelled up and closed just before the scan was completed. I couldn't breathe at all and nearly died. The radiology tech then stabbed with Epi pens and rushed me to the ER and finally got me breathing with only seconds to spare. I've never had it again and now I have CT scans with no dye whatsoever. Very, very frightening.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
9/1/2009
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

Severe allergic reaction. Hospital claimed medicine did not have iodine in it, but it does. Diff breathing, itching, body wide swelling, hives that lasted for days. Med intervention needed for reaction. If you have allergy to IODINE, you should not use this. Episode was terrifying.

chester | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/30/2008
Condition: Process of Making X-Rays of Stomach or Intestines

when i was given the drug before my cat scan it caused alot of pain, so bad the radiologist had to give me morphine

Anonymous |
2/27/2008
Condition: CT Scan of the Brain

poor

Anonymous |
1/16/2008
Condition: X-Ray of the Bile Ducts

I am a CT Technologist, and I just wanted to clarify what the useage is for Gastroview. Gastroview is a Iodine base ORAL contrast agent. It is commonly used instead of Barium for any exam to evaluate the bowel. If the bowel is not filled with a contrast agent, it cannot be completely evaluated. Gastroview is mixed with any liquid the patient likes to drink, so it is "easier" to drink then Barium and it fills the bowel faster resulting in the patient being scanned sooner then later.