I recently started taking 600 mg lithium per day. I am glad I am taking it. I am not as agitated and angry as I was before. I am a better mom because of it. I was very scared when I was put on it, but don't let fear get in the way of you getting better. It is working for me!

Useless! Most likely your doctor will omit telling you to drink lots of water! Also, will not mention that Lithium blands ones emotions and very likely can cause serious kidney damage. In his excellent book, "Toxic Psychiatry," Psychiatrist Peter Breggan mentions his telling one Bipolar patient to forget alcohol OR Lithium and just solve his problems!That's what I'm doing. 1)No counting pills, ...

Saved my life | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/8/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression

Lithium Carbonate ER (lithium) for Bipolar Disorder:  “Hi guys, I have been on Lithium Carbonate (1000 mg). This might shock you, but I have been on Lithium for 18 years, I'm now age 37, I was 20 years old when I started. What I've learned is you need to know your triggers. For example, don't drink 2 much coffee as it can lower your lithium blood level , coffee made me shake. Watch what you eat and understand what triggers, if your feeling run down and dizzy and headaches and sore stomach see your doctor right away your lithium may be to low meaning your blood level for lithium carbonate you may need more to rebalance  your level and that sick side affect filling will go away i no that filling when my lithium  level is low doctor puts me up 100mg or 250mg it will safe your life and worries of going to hospital and relapsing and you fill on top of the world again that extra does help doctors and mental health workers are there to help if so only you can know that thats so dont ever be afraid to asks for help thats my tip to you  . One major thing to stop doing is looking for answers on Google! Just see a doctor! Lithium saved my life. Yes, I've had the odd up and downs, but I keep going and made something of myself. If I've come this far, I know anybody can. Smile! I would like you all to know, at the end of the day, you can have so much of anything, so make the most of it and enjoy life. I used to be scared of people judging me. Still, I finally decided to write this review because there is too much miss information out there.” I like to thank everyone at royal park mental health and mostly Peter and Craig A. Macneil with out your help i wouldn't be alive today thank you all p.s I was that kid with glasses many years ago

Jason | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/24/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression

This medicine has helped me calm down to the point where I can rest my head on a pillow and sleep. And improve my life generally as I’m not felling down and the weight of the world on my shoulders.

OctobersOwnb | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2020
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

Iâ??ve been taking lithium for 3 months now. Honestly I shouldnâ??t leave a review because Iâ??m not even sure why Iâ??m taking it

Akadaca | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/18/2020
Condition: Bipolar Depression

Bipolar Disorder Hi guys, I have been on Lithium Carbonate (1000 mg) at Royal Park Vic. This might shock you, but I have been on Lithium for 18 years, I'm now age 37, I was 20 years old I started. What I've learned is you need to know your triggers. For example, don't drink coffee, that made me shake. Watch what you eat and understand what triggers, which only you know. One major thing to stop doing is looking for answers on bloody Google! Just see a doctor! Lithium saved my life. Yes, I've had the odd up and downs, but I keep going and made something of myself. If I've come this far, I know anybody can. Smile! I would like you all to know, at the end of the day, you can have so much of anything, so make the most of it and enjoy life. I used to be scared of people judging me. Still, I finally decided to write this review because there is too much misinformation out there.

dreamer | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/29/2019
Condition: Bipolar Depression

started off on 900mg,dr wasn't getting labs,went into lithium toxicity,kidney failure.was on 450mg for 4yrs,had gastric bypass surgery,lost over 100lbs,went off lithium on my own.i feel like a new person.would not recommend this drug to my worst enemy. this drug just about killed me. my psychiatrist should have been sued for not getting labs