I'm concerned about the warnings for use of this medication. May cause kidney damage, reduce white cells, destroy cell to cell communication and increase risk to cancer. I just completed treatments for prostrate cancer. Only med that seems to control high blood press.

Wind | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/6/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Works for me. I take it in combination with Altace. I get the occasional cramps in the lower legs but no other side effects.

Wig | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/25/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

For high blood pressure. Doctor originally put me me on 60mg Adalat once per day with dinner but it was increased to 90mg about 1 month later to achieve an optimal blood pressure. I believe it is contributing to a decreased sex drive and difficulty maintaining erection, although that has not been confirmed by a doctor. I also experience frequent muscle cramps in lower legs and feet, usually at night while sleeping. Frequent trips to the bathroom every night to pee; disruptive for sleep patterns. Very minor ankle swelling but does not bother me. The drug is doing a great job keeping my blood pressure within optimal levels.

Royal | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/26/2012
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After years of being on this med, I have been dealing with this intense itchy rash, thought it was dry skin, then the hotflashes came, thought I were going through menopause, then the swollen legs and ankles, doc told me to take HCTZ with it. OMG, isnt that contradicated to this med! My hair has fallen out/ my beautiful skin has gone bad,(rash), Hot Flashes, HA, etc. going into see my doc tomorrow to get this all straighten out, Then I will find me a New Doctor!

arrowhead farms | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/1/2012
Condition: Type of Angina Where Chest Pain Occurs at Rest

Ive been taking this medication for over 2 years. When my angina was first diagnosed it was stable. Then this past March it went to unstable. Ive had an angiogram and have no blockage. My angina is due to spasms in the muscles around the heart. Once my angina went from stable to unstable Ive had to change to another medication because this doesnt work

vanda | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/15/2011
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been on AdalatXL - 30 mg. almost a year and it has lowered by BP to the point where my doctor has taken me off it as the readings are too low now. Also my blood test revealed I now have protein leaking in my urine from my kidneys. Also since I began this I have almost constant chest congestion.