Have been taking for just over a year now. I had researched statins before I started on them and take 200 mg of Co Q10 daily to prevent side effects. Haven't had any side effects and my cholestral is 169. I am dissapointed that I had to find out about side effects prevention on my own; doctors didn't offer any ideas on how to prevent side effects (about taking Co Q10).

simivistatin | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/21/2021
Condition: High Cholesterol

I have been taking simvastatin for 10+ years with good results. However, when I first started this drug I had rather severe pain in my hip joints and back. After talking with my doc, he suggested taking CoQ10 to alleviate the joint pain. When I did this, the pain stopped, and I have not had any hip pain issues for many years. I have since switched to Ubiquinol which is a more effective version of CoQ10 - 100mg.day. I would urge anyone taking any statin drug and having joint pain to try taking CoQ10 or Ubiquinol with it. My doctor is switching me to Crestor which also seems to have joint pain symptoms, and I will continue to take ubiquinol with it.

She | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/10/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

Within a month's duration, this medication brought down my cholesterol levels to normal!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
4/4/2019

doctor took me off as developed myalgias, cramping, pharmacist doubled the dosage and I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica which I have been fighting for three years w relapes when prednison is reduced I flar up; prednisone has its own set of side effects, wht gain, muscle loss, name them all. wish I had never met the pharmacist that put me on a double dose after primary wrote in records I was Intolerant to simvistatin and statin.

Unhappy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/24/2018
Condition: Slow Progression of Disease of the Arteries of the Heart

It lowers my blood pressure to 79/35. I almost pass out everytime I take it. My muscles are weak and hurt extremely bad. I stopped it. Terrible drug!!!

linda s | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/26/2018
Condition: High Cholesterol

Usually I am a very energetic person. This has caused me to have muscle spasms and I am very tired and fatigued. I am having these sensations in my legs mostly. I never had these symptoms until I started using these. I cant get off these soon enough. I am praying the damage can be reversed.