I have had A-fib for over 30 years on an irregular basis. I averaged one episode a year until June of 2006. That is when I started having A-fib 3 times a week on average. My Cardiologist has tried many drugs to control it. Finally in September he put me on Flecainide 50mg twice a day and I haven't had a sustainable episode since. I can feel my heart wanting to start A-fib, but it goes back into no...

tiredness,short of breath,

BEWARE | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/10/2021
Condition: A Type of Fast Heartbeat - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia

Do not take this medication without a pace maker in place! My mom took one pill and it lowered her heart rate to the floor. She passed away! Please read warning labels and be cautious

Lindavis487 | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/21/2020
Condition: Prevention of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

My cardiologist had ordered metoprolol for over a year for Afib and tachycardia.I had low B/P anyway. The faster my heart would go, the lower my B/P went. Stairs,standing,stress pouring sweat happened a lot. When I told my electrocardiologist my symptoms, he had me stop the Metoprolol and ordered Flecainide to try.I was amazed at the difference! A week after starting it,I moved and was able to take on stairs, packed for 6 hrs straight, started back to work again and even the horrible sweating stopped- when I would get stressed or in a hurry. I can feel tired out after work,but nothing kicking back an hour couldn't cure.I am 73 yrs old and for the past year, I couldn't work and couldn't keep up with housework. I couldn't even stand long enough to cook a meal for myself without feeling nauseous and dizzy. I thought I would soon have to go to a nursing home, as fast as I was declining.I am so thankful for my electrocardiologist. This medication has brought me back to life and given me the ability to live it fully. I'm afraid to think where I might have ended up without it.Read More Read Less

Nick | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2020
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I was on 100mg BID took it for one day. I was 2 weeks post ablation for A-Fib. I developed major 8/10 chest pain and Shortness of great after second dose. Caused my HR to go up 134. Chest pain was persistent for 4 + days and developed new Endocarditis from it. I don’t recommend this drug post ablation.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2020
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I started having AFib episodes over 6 months ago. I was put on metoprolol and eliquis but the episodes continued. I started the Flecainide about three months ago and haven't had any AFib episodes, and no side effects to speak of. I'm encouraged by the reviews of people who have been taking it for years with good results.

VMisch | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2019
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Started on 50mg twice a day - first day, i had P/T. When i was done, and went to stand up, i was uncontrolably dizzy, and almost knocked the therapist over! Contacted my Dr, and asked if i could cut the tablet in half and take that teice a day - she OKd that. Took it yesterday, skrpt well, but wgen i got up i was literally bouncing back and forth off the furniture!! Donâ??t want AFib, but really canâ??t deal with the dizzyness!!!! Afraid to drive!!!

Fl nurse | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/25/2018
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Not one episode of afib or elevated HR or B/P since on Flecanide 50mg 2x daily. Very concerned about side eff. possible. Have had short episodes of dizziness, ringing in ears pretty constant and weight gain . See there could also be more heart risks.

trucker | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/10/2018
Condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

have had many SVT episodes that started around the age of 18...i"ve had 2 cardio ablation's and nothing seemed to control my SVT episodes until I started taking flecanide 100 mg x2...I was only taking once per day n episodes would re occurr 1 a month...SVT's have occured since taking it twice per day...I can even enjoy 3-4 beers every 4-5 days

Karen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/6/2018
Condition: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation

Been on this medication for approximately five years at 100mg twice a day and it is successful in preventing atrial fib. I was on metoprolol with it daily but I was so exhausted decreased vital signs shortness of breath that I quit taking it daily. I only take one 25 mg of it if I get a little tachycardic which Flecainide itsself can cause. That brings my pulse down and with it the blood pressure and I feel fine. I also make sure my serum magnesium is at the higher level of normal because low magnesium can trigger atrial fib. I also avoid the triggers for atrial fib which are alcohol, dehydration, stress, exhaustion, and two others I cannot control which are age and familial instances. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/17/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I started off with 75mg 2x but after two years was increased to 100mg 2x. My speculation was due to weight increase (plus 20 lbs. from A-fib onset). Have been taking for over 4 years and have lapsed into A-fib maybe a dozen times since I have been taking Flecainide. I feel the med is very effective for me.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/3/2017
Condition: A Type of Fast Heartbeat - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia

I endured super ventricular tetracardia for several years. Finally wore a heart monitor and they prescribed this drug which stopped them. Haven't had one since being on the drug.

Spike | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/17/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

66 year old with history of AF. Put on 50mg Flecainide twice per day and bisoprolol. Sadly no change, no improvement, shortness of breath.

seepamrun | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

This is only my first day on Flecainide, but I immediately felt it take effect -- no episodes today! After 2 solid weeks of nearly constant a-fib, my doctor prescribed Flecainide in addition to Metoprolol and told me to abstain from alcohol completely. (BTW, I was an avid runner for many years, and the doc thinks this plus my frequent indulging in wine caused my condition.) I think this drug is the answer, but I am a little worried about how drowsy I've felt all day -- I hope this is not from the drug.Read More Read Less

RW | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/20/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I am a 58 year old very active individual run bike hike etc. and was shocked when I was diagnosed with A-fibb. They converted me and put me on Flecainide 100mg twice a day and have not had a single episode. Occasionally mild shortness of breath but minimal and I am back to running hiking etc. So thankful for this medication. Good luck to all of us out there with A-fibb using flecanide.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I have prolonged A-fib episodes 2x a week or more - switched from metoprolol 25mg daily to Flecainide - took it for 4 days - had INTENSE episodes for all 4 days - stopped and episodes subsided.

katg | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/3/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I was put on this drug after having to be cardio converted the 2nd time in 3 months. Next time I had an a-fib event I took it with a cardizem (take PRN) and converted before going to the ER. I also take 81 mg aspirin, warfarin, Losartan-hctz, norvasc. Have done better I think on Flecainide.

Dave | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
5/10/2017
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I had afib (bradycardia) episodes for 4 years - usually monthly, lasting up to 24 hours. When the episodes became more frequent the doctor put me on flecainide. One year and no afib! I'm a 4-5 mile a day runner, 76 years old - no more episodes.

Jonas | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/7/2016
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

This drug, taken at 100 mg dose, has worked well for me in conjunction with Metropolol 50mg. There have been only a couple of dizzy episodes that were brief and very limited. They could have been due to my age, 65 years.

jv | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/31/2016
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Too early to tell at this time. Have been on 50 mg x 2 per day for one week. However, I do not feel afib episodes like I did before taking it. Multaq did not work along with Eliquis. Went to Flecainide with with 3 mg per day warfarin and all is great!

Katie | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/2/2016
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

I went into full blown AFIB when I went to the hospital after having the flu and subsequent pneumonia. Treated w/Solotol for a few months and lost a bunch of hair. Switched to Flecanide 100 and that has done well for about three years. I am having some nausea, anxious stomach and increased depression. I'm on Paxil CR 25 for that. And now taking Clonazepam, in addition, if needed. Does anyone else have these side affects?

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/14/2016