I have had A-fib for over 30 years on an irregular basis. I averaged one episode a year until June of 2006. That is when I started having A-fib 3 times a week on average. My Cardiologist has tried many drugs to control it. Finally in September he put me on Flecainide 50mg twice a day and I haven't had a sustainable episode since. I can feel my heart wanting to start A-fib, but it goes back into no...

tiredness,short of breath,

Lindavis487 | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/21/2020
Condition: Prevention of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

My cardiologist had ordered metoprolol for over a year for Afib and tachycardia.I had low B/P anyway. The faster my heart would go, the lower my B/P went. Stairs,standing,stress pouring sweat happened a lot. When I told my electrocardiologist my symptoms, he had me stop the Metoprolol and ordered Flecainide to try.I was amazed at the difference! A week after starting it,I moved and was able to take on stairs, packed for 6 hrs straight, started back to work again and even the horrible sweating stopped- when I would get stressed or in a hurry. I can feel tired out after work,but nothing kicking back an hour couldn't cure.I am 73 yrs old and for the past year, I couldn't work and couldn't keep up with housework. I couldn't even stand long enough to cook a meal for myself without feeling nauseous and dizzy. I thought I would soon have to go to a nursing home, as fast as I was declining.I am so thankful for my electrocardiologist. This medication has brought me back to life and given me the ability to live it fully. I'm afraid to think where I might have ended up without it.

Nick | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2020
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I was on 100mg BID took it for one day. I was 2 weeks post ablation for A-Fib. I developed major 8/10 chest pain and Shortness of great after second dose. Caused my HR to go up 134. Chest pain was persistent for 4 + days and developed new Endocarditis from it. I don’t recommend this drug post ablation.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2020
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

I started having AFib episodes over 6 months ago. I was put on metoprolol and eliquis but the episodes continued. I started the Flecainide about three months ago and haven't had any AFib episodes, and no side effects to speak of. I'm encouraged by the reviews of people who have been taking it for years with good results.

VMisch | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2019
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Started on 50mg twice a day - first day, i had P/T. When i was done, and went to stand up, i was uncontrolably dizzy, and almost knocked the therapist over! Contacted my Dr, and asked if i could cut the tablet in half and take that teice a day - she OKd that. Took it yesterday, skrpt well, but wgen i got up i was literally bouncing back and forth off the furniture!! Donâ??t want AFib, but really canâ??t deal with the dizzyness!!!! Afraid to drive!!!

Fl nurse | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/25/2018
Condition: Atrial Fibrillation

Not one episode of afib or elevated HR or B/P since on Flecanide 50mg 2x daily. Very concerned about side eff. possible. Have had short episodes of dizziness, ringing in ears pretty constant and weight gain . See there could also be more heart risks.