Tambocor saved me! I had good luck taking this medication. I have been taking 50mg twice daily for the past 5 years. Heart specialist wants me to stop taking medication. I decreased to 50mg once daily for the past 3 monthas and have done very well. I am nervous about not taking any medication b/c I don't want to go back to where I was. The last 3 days, I have not taken any and so far so good! I...

If this is a survey on flecaidide the drug was poison to my system. Going to London to get the Tambacore the brand.

MaryMom | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2019
Condition: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation

paroximal afib under control with atenolol for 12 years. I used an inhaler for coughing, with a Rx from pulmonologist. Went into severe afib, 170 pulse and taken to hospital by ambulance. Doctor put me on flecainide, 50 mg twice daily. After a few weeks I realized that I was having severe urinary retention and breathlessness. So far waiting to hear from my doctor that I can quit it, but my brother-in-law, a pharamcist told me to stop it if I am not having palpitations. Just staying on atenolol. I think this is a dangerous drug. and I too read Dr. Moore's book, after suffering for a few weeks.

Blues | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/3/2019
Condition: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation

I have had AFib since my mid 30s. I started having AFib everyday at 55. I was taking atenolol and needed to go to tambocor and atenolol. I take 50 mg of tambocor twice a day and 25 mg of atenolol. I still have a few AFib episodes a day lasting a few minutes but it is better. I have chest pain and can feel my heart beat. It beats the alternative.

lakegirl | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2017
Condition: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation

I've only been on this for two weeks, but the difference was noticeable by the third dose. I was having up to a dozen arrythmias a day. I started out at 150mg/d, 75mg bid. I'm very pleased with my outcome. When I go back to see my EP, I will see if I can go down to 50mg bid. The other positive outcome that I've had with this drug is that my sleep pattern has changed for the better. Prior to starting this drug, I would only sleep between 2-4 hrs/night. With this drug, I'm sleeping 6-8 hr/night without a problem. That's a huge benefit for me. I do notice being more tired during the day for which reason, I'd like to decrease my dose. One negative effect for me has been a dramatic slowing of my GI motility. Prior to starting this drug, I was a once a day person. Now, it's once every 4-5 days, which is not terribly comfortable. If that's the way it's going to be, I'll deal with it because my flutters have improved so much. Started a stool softener yesterday.

Crystal | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/11/2015
Condition: Heart Ventricle Rhythm Problem

I 60% of my heart beats be PVC's. After a cardiac ablation my cardiologist put me on this medication because some of the "misfiring circuits" PVC's could not be cauterized. This medication has completely eliminated any feeling of flutter, shortness of breath, nauseous feelings and chest pain. I feel great! Slight headaches once in a while and my blood pressure has gone up slightly, hopefully it will come back down after I am off this medication. It makes me a little more tired in the evening or when I stop being active, but over-all. I am greatful for this medication. I have been on 50mg twice a day for 3 weeks. The plan is to be off it at 8 weeks.

judi | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/25/2014