I had my first MS flare up in 4 years. I lost mobility in my lower back, had pain in my right arm, and had the "MS Hug" sensation. I completed a 3 day Solumedrol IV treatment and a 6 day oral prednisone taper. All my symptoms have completly gone away. I have had solumedrol on 4 different occasions over the past 14 years with the usual weight gain, bloating,sleeplessness, etc. This timer I did...

Terrifying! Had what they called a "roid rage". Blackout, vulgar language, put self in mortal danger. Very dangerous, lethal drug!!! Definitely would NOT recommend unless, strictly supervised by TRAINED staff on the side effects of this drug!!!

Sofía | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/24/2021
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

I’m currently hospitalized for a MS Flare up that caused me gastroparesis. Gastroparesis make you feel sick already and solumedrol has made everything worse.I feel sick to my stomach all day and it’s unbearable. I only experienced really bad taste the first time, the other 2 infusions the taste was a lot less. The only thing killing me is my stomach. The stomach and nausea side effects are awful. I spend the whole next day nauseous and then at night I feel better and then they administer another dose. My last dose is tomorrow. I can’t wait to get rid of this stomach discomfort.

annluna1 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/31/2018
Condition: Eye Disorder

19 yrs ago I was diagnosed with MS and now I was told I have NMO. I had over 10 yr use of Solu-Medrol and had limited side effects. bad taste in mouth, severe headaches, and stomach issues that are taken care of with Zantac or Tums. I can no longer walk and my vision comes and goes and my doctor refuses to give me the drug. I know I would be walking and in 95% less pain. This drug works differently on people. I love it! If your body can tolerate it, its a whole lot better than being blind and immobile.

Rx4-SLE | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/21/2017
Condition: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

This is the most effective Rx I have found to date for SLE. It has put me in remission every time I have used it for the last 16 years or so.

joyffree | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/9/2016
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

I have undergone IV treatment with Solu Medrol on a few different occasions. I have had MS for over 15 years.The idea is to assist your body in a quicker (like a jump start) recovery from a relapse. Yes it has some really crappy side effects but when you consider the end result (I was paralyzed from the waist down and after treatment and pt I was able to walk again) they are worth it. It leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, elevates my sugar levels, makes me want to throw up (I get an rx for that previous to starting IV)and usually leaves me feeling pretty weak for the week following. The side effects are things you need to consider and weigh honestly.

VoicelessAnon | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/20/2016
Condition: Vocal Cord Swelling

Severe case of laryngitis where voice was gone over a week. This did not even start to bring voice back for 5 days. After 10 days, voice is not 100% back - still raspy. Not worth the price or risk. Was injected in buttocks and caused extreme flare and pain at injection site.