I'm Bipolar but also with an anxiety disorder. I go to the guidance center for treatment and they decided to stop prescribing Xanax ( and all medications like it, because of their addictive nature) even to those of us who truly need it and don't abuse it. As you can see I am not happy with their desicion. However, My dr. decided to put me on Vistaril 25 Mg X3 a day to combat my anxiety. The medica...

If your Dr. suggests this drug,walk out and go to a new Dr.;The Dr. here is a Veterinarian! Of all the choices, the person prescribing this should be ashamed and go back to school.

ser13 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/20/2019
Condition: Inducing of a Relaxed Easy State

I am diagnosed with Bipolar II Disorder and I’m on antidepressants as well as Vistaril. My doctor prescribed me this medication as I expressed I had lots of anxiety while trying to sleep and it caused me to not be able to fall asleep most nights. I was getting around ~5 hours of sleep and with Vistaril I am now getting ~3 hours. It makes you feel drowsy, don’t get me wrong, and relaxes your muscles, but not in a way that is helpful. I felt like I was trapped inside a zombies body. Falling asleep on this drug is extremely difficult. My body is uncomfortable and feels numb. I wake up several times during the night and the next morning I don’t know if I was asleep or awake during the night. I can only remember staring at the window for what seemed like hours. I feel the side effects of this drug a whole 24 hours after taking it. The next morning after taking it for sleep, my muscles do not work properly and I feel as though I’ve lost motor function in my limbs and fingers. My brain is not comprehending information quickly and I have a hard time typing and reading, which is most of my job. Even reaching up to open my car door is a chore for my body. I was in a store and felt like I had to be taken to emergency because of how much anxiety I was feeling coupled with my body feeling limp and weak. Everything about this medication effected me negatively. Didn’t help with my anxiety. Didn’t help me fall asleep. Just made me feel like an empty shell of a person. I’ve only taken this drug 3 times (not even in a row) and will not be taking it again.

Diane | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2019
Condition: Itching

My son was given this in emerg room, only took 5 low doses pills over 6 days, after reaction was in hospital for 3 days. This is what vistaril did for him, it caused visual and auditory hallucinations, severe paranoid anxiety, extreme dry mouth, tremors, stuttering, and many other things. He thought everyone was trying to kill him, everyone he looked at had rivers of tears running down their face. Its killing me hearing all of it. He’s been very traumatized.

Tanncox77 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/29/2018
Condition: Anxious

It helps me stay calm and helps my allergies

Maryland Gal | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2018
Condition: Anxious

My doctor prescribed this along with my antidepressant medication because I had trouble sleeping. After taking it for the first time I noticed that I was able to get a full nights rest. After taking it consistently did a month now I’ve been getting the best sleep in my life. It does give me dry mouth but I need to drink more water anyways lol. Love this stuff!

Histo | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/16/2018
Condition: Additional Medication for Calming

I was prescribed this med to help me fall asleep as well as allergies. I have noticed a welcoming- calming effect that is not too sedative- very quick onset. I have had no issues such as side effects or anything to report unpleasant. Very happy that this med was added to my daily regimen of medications. It makes me feel focused. Bonus!