DO NOT take this medicine!! I watched this medicine slowly take my mother away from me. She was on it for 7 months and only off of it for 2 weeks until she finally commited suicide. Yes, she killed herself from this medicine. This medication NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OFF OF THE MARKET!! She had anxiety, depression, confusion, muscle ticks, suicidal thoughts, no appetite, constant diarrhea and lost down to...

TheShakes | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/6/2020
Condition: Headache caused by Disorder of Cranial Blood Vessels

This is a terrible drug. I was given a dose when I went to the hospital with a multiple day old headache. About 10 minutes after the dose, I felt like I was dying. Nothing was wrong, but it felt like the world was ending. I heard loud ringing that felt like it was shaking the building, I couldn't catch my breath, I got severe tunnel vision, and started to lose control of my muscles. At 15 minutes, I had no control at all. I was unable to speak, think, move, and was almost blind. At 20 minutes, the convulsions started. Every muscle in my body began contracting at once. I came close to breaking a hospital bed from thrashing that day. To this day, I still have fits of the same symptoms out of the blue. This drug ruined my life. I would reccomend that anyone stay clear of this drug, so you don't have to live my experience.

Condition: Heartburn

If standard antacid medications don't help, I suggest you try Amitriptyline before long-term use of Reglan. Read my review under the condition "feel like throwing up"

Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

If your symtoms are IBD, gerd and/or heartburn, I suggest you try Amitriptyline before long-term use of Reglan. Read my review under the condition "feel like throwing up".

Condition: Feel Like Throwing Up

I have never taken this drug but please read on. Eight months ago, while taking Cymbalta, I got a feeling of nausea that would not go away. I eventually stopped the Cymbalta but the nausea continued. Eventually it was 24/7. Doctors blamed it on anxiety and stomach acid. My dentist and my gastroenterologist confirmed I had a stomach acid problem. So for the next several months I was prescribed high dosages of H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors. I only got worse. I now had stomach cramps in addition to my chronic nausea. Searching the internet, I discovered I had functional dyspepsia (i.e., indigestion that doesn't respond to normal treatments). I learned that that the drug of last choice (due to possible serious side effects) was this drug, Reglan. But I also learned that the anti-depressant Amitriptyline was often helpful at low dosages. (google functional dyspepsia and amitriptyline). I started 10 mg and worked up to 30 mg over a week. The nausea feeling changed to a lump in my throat feeling and the stomach pains vanished. I had the dosage increased to 75 mg but that caused really bad constipation, so I backed down to 50 mg. At this time, I no longer take antacid medication but I am almost symptom free. I have no stomach pain, no constipation, no lump in the throat, and only an occasional light nausea feeling that doesn't last all day. So, my advice to anyone considering Reglan is to first try Amitriptyline. It is much safer. It can help even if you are not suffering from anxiety or depression.

LeahR | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2019
Condition: Feel Like Throwing Up

Gave me severe muscle spasms and made me even more nauseated.