Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of mupirocin topical.

2/13/2017 10:31:44 AM

Reviewer: msufan9202, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    i used this cream 2 months ago and it worked wonders. i used this cream recently and had severe burning along with a swollen face. stopped using the cream, the burning feeling and swelling went away.

3/2/2016 12:08:09 PM

Reviewer: MrNeedsAHip, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My surgeon prescribed this for me to PREVENT MRSA from occurring when I am admitted into the hospital immediately following my surgery. I am to apply this ointment topically with a Qtip into my nostril rwice daily for 5 days prior to my surgery. I hope I don't get this MRSA. I hear it sucks !?!

7/2/2015 10:58:43 AM

Reviewer: Helpful Commenter, 35-44 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    This was prescribed for one of my children's impetigo. It treated the infection so well that I wondered if it would work on acne. I started using it whenever I would get a pimple and it works great. It works especially well if you should pick a pimple and don't want it to scar and want the scab to clear quickly. It only takes a few days to clear. When this tube is gone, I'm hoping my d ... Show Full Comment

10/19/2014 2:22:16 PM

Reviewer: dray_1990, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

6/14/2012 3:24:48 PM

Reviewer: marj, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was treated for squamous cell carcinoma on a 2x2 in section of my cheek with fluorouracil for about 4 weeks. My doctor then prescribed mupirocin to heal the inflamed, raw area. The area is hard and scaly. When I washed it off, scabs came off the entire area leaving a raw, oozy, slightly bloody area. I applied another coat, and another hard scaly area resulted. Should I cover it with gauze to ... Show Full Comment

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day