Before this drug became available , I would have to remain in a dark room for two days vomiting and with a debilitating head. I thank the stars for this medication and only hope that it becomes cheaper to buy.

Bella | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

If I take it early enough it might work. But the stress and pain of the injection makes everything much worse, the actual drug makes me go paralyzed for about 10 minutes but I feel like bugs are crawling all over my body.

Daz | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/22/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

This is the only medication that is effective enough to enable me to continue working - without it my migraines last for three days and I suffer one or two a week. Fortunately I live in the UK so it only costs me £8.20 for two injections thanks to our wonderful National Health Service. My only problem is that the brand I usually use made by Sun Pharmaceuticals has discontinued their auto injector which injected to drug in about two seconds. I have had to switch to Imigran and this takes about 15 seconds to inject and is extremely painful so I tend to wait until the migraine becomes unbearable before I use it - not ideal!

nannabrenda | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/3/2013

makes me tired

Annie81 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/30/2012
Condition: Migraine Headache

I knew I was allergic to Imitrex but because this was called something different when the VA sent this drug to me in the mail without telling me they were going to I just assumed it was something entirely different because I they were aware I was allergic to Imitrex, when I took this medicine I suffered severe stomach and back cramps, numbing and tingling in my hands and feet, chills, nausea and severe vomiting and dry heaves, sweating, siezures, and the worst migraine I had had in ages. When I went to the ER the doctor took xrays and blood test but didn't know what was wrong with me and I was unable to explain to him about the medicine until my husband arrived but by time my husband arrived the doctor had assumed I must be going through some kind of drug withdrawl, which couldn't have been futher from the truth, but apparently anyone who goes to the ER with pain and a migraine is seeking drugs and is a drug adict, so not only did the VA send me a medicine I was allergic to the hospital jumped to a crazy conclusion and refused to look further even when presented with the proof they were wrong. I am sure this medicine is fine for some people. I have also had a gastric by pass which I believe contributed to how severe the side effects were, but I can find no information on the web, except that I never should have been prescribed a NSAID. It's great that the phamacist at the VA are the ones making the decisions about which meds you should be on instead of the docs, one of these days they will kill someone and perhaps they will change the policy and the docs will be put back in charge of perscribing our medications again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/16/2011
Condition: Cluster Headache

Headaches are totally awful. I cannot function. After injection, my headache is gone within five minutes. What a miracle drug.