Sulfazine has healped me with joint pain greatly. This was most noticable with my finger joints aching and being tender which has been greatly reduced by the drug. This stuff is relatively cheap and it's working for me and I've experienced no side effects at all as far as I can tell and regular blood testing by my doc has shown no problems. My rheumatologist recently increased my dosage from...

I used this in addition to Enbrel because of flare ups. It worked, however it took away my desire to eat. I simply didn't want to eat. Was already thin, and lost another 5 pounds. Stopped drug, started prednisone, and everything improved.

Hammer | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/3/2016
Condition: Psoriasis associated with Arthritis

It has helped with the pain but still a long way to go to feel normal.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/29/2015
TTbanks | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2013
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Havent been on the drug very long for it to really show me effectiveness. I had to stop the use due to hives & itching. The itching was so severe that i actually have skin abrasions now. Tried taking benedral along with it but it didnt touch the itching at all. Have not taaken it now for 2 days but still have the itching just not as severe. Ready for it to be out of my system. I dont know what is worse, the pain from my RA or the itching.

SKEPTIC | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/9/2013
Condition: Crohn's Disease

WHEN I WAS IN MY EARLY 30'S I DEVELOPED SEVERE STOMACH PAINS. NOT ONE OF THE FANCY MANHATTAN DOCTORS KNEW WHAT WAS WRONG. THEN THE DIARRHEA STARTED. TROUGH ALL OF IT I KEPT WORKING, BUT IT WAS VERY HARD BECAUSE I WAS BECOMING INCREASINGLY SICK ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNING. A BARIUM ENEMA TEST APPARENTLY REVEALED NOTHING. BASED ON LATER EVENTS IT SEEMS THAT THE TEST WAS LOST. A WONDERFUL OLD-FASHIONED HUNGARIAN-BORN DOCTOR PRESCRIBED AZULFIDINE, BUT WARNED OF THE NEED FOR FREQUENT BLOOD TESTS AND POSSIBLE LIVER DAMAGE. BEING YOUNG AND POSSIBLY STUPID I DID NOT REALIZE WHY I FELT BETTER AND STOPPED THE PILLS AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS. WHEN I GOT SICK AGAIN BACK TO THE SPECIALIST I WENT. I HAD ANOTHER BARIUM ENEMA TEST AND WAS SCHEDULED FOR AN UPPER GI SERIES A FEW DAYS LATER. NEVER HAD THAT TEST THEN BECAUSE I DEVELOPED PERITONITIS WITH A FEVER OF 104 AND COULD BARELY WALK INTO MOUNT SINAI. MASSIVE DOSES OF IV PREDNISONE WERE ADMINISTERED AFTER ENDLESS BOUTS OF SEVERE DIARRHEA. THE PREDNISONE CAUSES ITS OWN PROBLEMS WHICH THE DOCTOR NEVER WARNED US ABOUT. A HIGH DOSE OF ORAL PREDNISONE WAS GIVEN AFTER I WAS FINALLY RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL. EVENTUALLY THE "EXPERTS" PUT ME ON AZULFIDINEENTERIC-COATED WHICH I HAVE BEEN ON EVER SINCE

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/26/2013
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was diagnosed with RA almost two years ago at age 33. I tried MTX and Enbrel and couldnt tolerate. The RA was so bad at one point I could barely walk, crying in pain, holding the wall to help me up. I started Sulfazine EC and havent had any stomach upset. This medication has been a life-saver for me. I noticed more mobility and less fatigue shortly after starting it. Its been about 5 months now, and although Im not in remission, and still have trouble with my knees, I just recently started going for walks again and feel like Im getting my life back. This med doesnt make me sick, just dizziness in the beginning. Its an older med, but it works for me.