Every birth control pill is different. Seriously. I have been on 3 different types of birth control pills and all three gave me different reactions. Everyone reacts differently to each different pill. I have researched horror stories on every pill that I've ever been on, and each time it's the same, "OH IT'S POISON!". Blah, blah, blah. This was really frustrating for me, as a woman, to try t...

This drug is horrible, i advise ANYONE to steer clear of this Birth Control, it has given me DISFIGURING acne on my shoulders, chest, back and face. I was extremely depressed on the pill. I just wanted to die from the acne. I contimplated suicide. Im off of the drug now, but obviously im left with the horrible acne, which i now think is getting worse from having to adjust back to my regular hormon...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2021

The first week of starting the pill, i would get headaches and nausea for the first couple of hours after taking it but would eventually wear off. After taking the pill for about three weeks, i noticed my weight began to change and i slowly started packing on pounds. Whether it was water retention, or a slowing of the metabolism if not both, after taking it for five months, i've gained 20 pounds! Something very abnormal for me. Since quitting Alysena 28 for the last two weeks, i've noticed an increased libido (making climax even easier!?), overall better mental wellness (forgot what normal felt like apparently), and i've lost two pounds each week!! I'll stick with the other type of "birth control" if u know what i mean! ;) The pros of this birth control however, have been: knowing exactly when my period will come (fourth sugar pill like clock work), no worry of pregnancy, and cycle shorter by either one or two days!

Rebecca | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/29/2021

This was the first birth control I tried and was on it for about 10 months. The first few months I cried a lot thinking that it was just me regulating to the pill. But then after the first few months I started experiencing horrible depression/anxiety that was very unlike me before. I am about to start Tricira Lo instead because I do not feel like myself on this pill, and I don’t really have any extra stress going on in my life that would contribute to these anxious and depressive symptoms. Other than this, I did not experience any other side effects except for some bloating and water retention the first few months. I’m nervous about the nausea on this new pill that many people seem to experience but I need to change this pill in hopes that my mental health will improve!!

L | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/26/2021

I have been taking the generic brand of Alesse which is Alysena 28. I have had really bad breakthrough bleeding in my first two months. It seems as if I have 2 periods a month. In addition to this, I have cried way more often and had depressive thoughts more. I’m not a very emotional person but this pill has made me become one. My boobs have grown a cup size but my acne is currently getting worse. Maybe this will change as my body continues to get used to the pill?

Bry | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/16/2021

I’ve been on this birth control for 10 years and I love it so much! I would recommend it because I know how hard finding the right birth control can be for some people! Remember everyone is different abs their bodies will react totally different.

Chip00845 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/12/2021

I was on Tri Cyclen for 10 years and it was really good. This past year I started having irregular periods so my doctor switched me to Mirvala. I was only on Mirvala for 2 months and it was terrible. I have struggled with chronic tension headaches and migraines for about 5 years now with no reason why. When I was switched to Mirvala I had headaches everyday and migraines every day on my period. If was then that my doctor informed me that some women are sensitive to estrogen levels and the fact that my headaches got worse on Mirvala made sense since it had a higher level of estrogen then Tri Cyclen. She then switched me to Alysena and after only being on it for 1 month I am impressed! I've only had 1 minor headache all month with is amazing. Constent migraine are hell so if this review can help someone else who is sensitive to estrogen that doesn't know it yet, please ask your doctor about it. The only other thing I noticed on Alysena is that the week before my period I had much more food cravings then the other 2 birth control pills I was on. It's possible my body will get used to it as I continue on the pill longer though :)