The 1st time I used Mucinex,I used the 1200mg pack, it kept me up for 36hr straight but it did loosen the congestion so that I could COUGH IT OUT (that is its purpose. not a cough supressant as others have written) This time I bought the 600mg and had no trouble sleeping. I've dealt with brochitis most of my life and if you have chest congestion, this is the best OTC drug you can get. You do ha...

Size was apparently designed by an idiot, the tablet is so large only a horse could be expected to swallow it. My wife nearly choked on it. It is the largest tablet I have ever seen for human consumption. It is convienantly Packaged in a non see through pack hiding the size. Had I been able to see the size I would have never purchased this item.

Activetraveler | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/18/2020

As strange as this may sound, I have found that good old Mucinex, that is, active ingredient *guaifenesin,* really helps amazingly with my stiff and achy hip/haunch muscles, tendons, and ligaments. I suffered a very minor injury years ago, but the area around it became stiffer and more painful over time. I noticed once when I had a bad cold and was taking the usual cold remedies that my hip area felt suddenly better. I narrowed it down to the effect of guaifenesin. Since then, I have found that many fibromyalgia sufferers also report an amazingly beneficial effect of guaifenesin on their stiff muscles! It really does work, is sold over-the-counter, and I notice no side effects. They make 600mg tabs, but even 1/2 tab per day really helps me. I hope it helps you too!!

wiserlady | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2020

I took this because of thick gunge in my throat making it hard to breath/ eat etc, also when I got a cold and it got worse. Had never had it before. It made my phlegm./mucus a lot thinner, I was able to sleep through the night without the usual waking up early struggling to breath and needing to use a nebuliser or inhalers a fair bit. The downside was that it made me incontinent. I had to wear sanitary towels because I would be forever leaking! I am a female of 62 who does not have problems with this otherwise. I bought mine in England in Lemsip, I would like to be able to get it in a cheaper nicer form.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/20/2019
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I experienced a racing heartbeat and ringing in the ears after taking one Mucinex tablet. It left me with a very dry mouth and a "cloudy" head. I won't be taking this product again.

dave | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Cough

All these people saying it doesn't work are smoking crack. I had a terrible dry cough and within 30 minutes of taking this I was finally coughing up phlegm which greatly relieved my chest pain. It doesn't cure your cough but for 12 hours it relieves it greatly.

paterv | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2017
Condition: Cough

The print on the carton of this Mucinex is SO SMALL, especially if you sick. Found myself approximating dosage...don't ever do that.