I was prescribed Cryselle after taking the depo shot and suffering heavy bleeding for four continuous months. Cryselle has been fantastic for me. My period lasts no more than four days. As for the side effects, all birth control has side effects but Cryselle was the best for me.

Noway123 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/18/2020

Do not take this birth control!!! It gave me extreme anxiety followed by panic attacks

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/9/2020
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was put on his medication at the age of eleven - it would sure have been helpful if the doctors told me and my mom about the side effects especially given our family history of mental illness. This medication scarcely helped my periods, but it did at least give me a free dose of anxiety, depression, and the occasional suicidal thought. I stopped taking the pill and all of that stopped. Thanks Cryselle!

futurevet7 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/12/2019

very effective! i have some side effects including breast tenderness and slight cramping but my cycle is very regular and very light!! highly recommend!!!

Wit500 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/22/2019

DO NOT got on this medication. I was taking Crystelle for about 9 months. During the 7th month I started noticing my hair thinning quite a bit and it was getting extremely brittle. I went off the pill after the 9 months and my hair was continuing to fall out. 3 months later I was losing chunks of hair up until the point that the shower drain was clogged after every shower. I had a receding hairline and about 1/3 of the amount of hair I have always had. It took over a year but my hair started coming back. During this whole process I had gone to one of the top hair loss clinics in the country thinking I was battling female hair loss or alopecia. I was almost diagnosed with alopecia at the age of 29 due to this medication and it wasnt until my hair started coming back that the medication proved to be the cause. It's not worth going through something so tramatic unnecessarily. Stay off this medication!

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/8/2019

I switched to this after experiencing severe moodiness on my last pill. For the first couple of months everything was great. I started noticing mood swings again and absolute annoyance for no particular reason. I have also steadily gained 12 lbs. while maintaining a healthy diet and exercising on a regular basis. I also experience blurred vision since being on this. I am in the process of finding an alternative with my PCP.