I have Stage III - Duke's C colon cancer. Just recvd 4th treatment along w/levorcan and 5FU. Nausea controlled with Emend. Seems to working OK but I still have 8 more treatments to go. Blood tests have been good so far. Biggest pain is the neuropathy -- painful tingling and cramping in my hands and tingling in my feet. I've learned how to live with it: dress warm, avoid cold and don't forget...

karenann | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/28/2019
Condition: Lymph Node Positive Colon Cancer

had 12 rounds of chemo, 10 with Oakiplaitin. The cold sensitivity was bad, as was the neuropathy in my hands and feet. I finished chemo in September 2018, and the cold sensitivity is gone, and the neuropathy is getting better. Hang in there!!!

kat2959 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/26/2016
Condition: Lymph Node Positive Colon Cancer

I know this drug will help me be free of colon cancer but at the same time it is very hard on me. I am sick immediately after getting off the pump on chemo days and the neuropathy it causes in my hands and mouth is sometimes difficult to handle. it makes my mouth dry, food taste funny and my mouth and lips tingle.

sherry | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/3/2015
Condition: Lymph Node Positive Colon Cancer
Abackey | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/2/2014
Condition: Colon and Rectal Cancer that has Spread to Another Area

I have not had severe side effects while on this drug. My fingers and toes tingle when they get cold, but it goes away very quickly. If the tingling is very bad, I rinse them in warm/hot water and it goes away.

Tonda Rae | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2013
Condition: Colon and Rectal Cancer that has Spread to Another Area

My only complaint is the numbness remaining in my hands and feetl