We gave this to our Buddy and now he can not hear us anymore. We did not get a information packet and the vet did not review any side effects with us. Please beware of this drug. Mercks own vet was not helpful in anyway...

Femeng | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/22/2017
Condition: Itching of the Ear

Like other previous posts, the vet gave me this to use on my 12 year old shepherd. She is now deaf in both ears. Terrible side effect for my dog to now suffer with.

AnniesEar | 0-2 | Female | Caregiver
8/14/2016

My dog had an ear infection, lots of black waxy gunk. By day 4 we had no more gunk or pain. I've tried many remedies that only worked temporary. This cleared it up. Yay!

rtcorl | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/4/2015
Condition: Itching of the Ear

I was perscribed this medication for an infection in my dogs ear. It has made him totally deaf. This should never be administered to your dog or any pet for ear infections. How would you feel if you unkonwingly made your pet deaf, I'm crushed. How could any veterinarian perscribe a medicine that knowingly can result in complete deafness. This stuff is toxic, DO NOT use !

Buddy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
4/23/2014

Anonymous | Female | Caregiver
3/19/2014

My 14 year old dachshund was given this medicine for "gunk" in her ear. After 2 days of treatments, I noticed she wasn't hearing me anymore. She is now deaf in both ears as a result. She could hear fine before the treatment...so well that she barked at tiny noises frequently. She can't hear anything now. This drug states that there is a small chance of deafness in geriatric dogs. If you research this online, there are multiple reports of dogs becoming deaf due to this drug. My vet did not warn me of this, and I did not have an insert in the box. I am sad that my dog has to spend her remaining time not being able to hear my voice, or anything else. Please do not give this drug to your dogs, especially older ones.