Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metronidazole oral.

8/9/2019 4:07:08 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I had few side effects and it cleared up my annoying infection quickly. My suggestion for the taste: fill your mouth with a flavored drink, pop the pill toward the back of your throat and swallow quickly. Then take a few drinks. The taste is awful but goes away quickly. I always took with food and had no stomach issues. I did have a minor, but annoying, headache. But that was better than the sympt ... Show Full Comment

4/23/2019 10:24:57 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Works almost immediately. I get frequent reoccurring infections and use this every time. Not sure if it's because the medicine isn't strong enough or I'm just super sensitive and prone to this type of infection. I'm taking 2x a day for 14 days followed by 6 months of the gel 2x weekly.

4/15/2019 11:22:21 AM

Reviewer: TakeADeepBreath, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I figured I had to write a review since mostly everything I read about this drug was negative and how drastic the side effects were for most people. I'm actually pissed at myself for "WebMD-ing" this drug because all of those reviews scared the sh*t out of me. I tend to be a hypochondriac about new medications and when I was prescribed this for Bacterial Vaginosis, of course I had to ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2019 10:33:54 AM

Reviewer: Kate, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Finishing up my second round and hoping it does the trick. Also doing boric acid treatment. Nausea isnâ??t as bad if I donâ??t take with dairy. Headaches can be unrelenting. Diarrhea. Heightened anxiety and depression by Day 5. Can and will cause vaginal yeast infection and this time I also have oral thrush. Brutal med, but nothing else clearing up BV.

1/13/2019 9:23:32 PM

Reviewer: Nik, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication works well for me personally. 8 noticed a change after the first full day of medication. The only side effects I encountered were the metal taste in your mouth and dark urine. I didn't even know that the metal taste was a side effect until I looked it up! Jo wonder things have tasted weird to me. Thankfully, I just took my last dose!

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day