This is the only medication that has worked for my irritable bowel syndrome (tendency towards diarrhea). It has controlled my symptoms for over ten years now.

I am allergic to sulfur based meds. should I take this med?

Amieux | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/7/2017
Condition: Irritable Colon

I take this medication as needed. I put it under my tongue and usually have relief within twenty minutes. For me it is has been more effective for the pain than the diarrhea, but it is helpful. Medicare does not cover this. I also take chlordiazePOXIDE hcl at bedtime which has almost cured any nighttime episodes. (you know what I mean) I have been on this regimen now for two years, and it has been helpful. I still watch my diet and drink at least 50 oz of water daily. I am 71 years old and have been living with IBS more than half my life and by far, this is the best I've felt in a very long time.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/25/2014

I've had extreme abdominal cramps which have had me in the emergency room for days. This is the only medicine that helped. I've had my gallbladder removed but produce a lot of stomach acid. Antacids don't control it.

huh???? | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/20/2014
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have suffered horribly for over 50 yrs. with severe IBS and spastic colon. No food is safe. I am 100% disabled, and I got a bottle of 30 to try as I had read about it and called my doctor and asked to try it, but Medicare and nowhere will help me pay for it, and for only 15 pilss it is just under 25 bucks. I can not afford it. I took dicylomine for many, many, many years,m and it plain did nothing after a few years. I donlt even know why I kept trying. My own research found this medicinbe, and it is like GOLD to me. I would like to know where I could possibly ask the manufacturer themselves for help to get this incredible medicine. I am suffering as we speak., this is disabling for me. It is truly a svere problem. I need it in the worst way. if anyone can suggest a way to get help in getting it, please let me know. I am honestly--- desperate. now that I had the experience of true lasting effect and gving me a quality of life, I want it in the worst way. Please help me. I am a single woman of 52 with no family to go to and I have exhausted all other ways of help, and selling all I had worth anything. I need help, anyone, PLEASE!!!!!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have had just about every side affect this drug has. Now cramping is even worse and diarrhea is so bad cant go to far from a bathroom. Also have a burning feeling in my stomach. Guess ill be going back to the dr.

grandma r | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/21/2013
Condition: Irritable Colon

This has reduced IBS from 75% of the time to 10%. I went off it for 3 weeks and had 5 to 12 bowel movements a day, pain and discomfort. I have been on Sysmax duotab, the extended release for 3 years. Medicare does not cover this.