I can not tolerate statins.The dr just started me on this drug. Been taking it for 2 months now and it's working for me. My LDL went from 163 to 123 so far. I take 2 fish oil for the triglycerides and that brought that down from 300 to 100, so that combination is working for me. I don't have any side effects so far and I'm very very sensitive to drugs. Hardly can take anything because of a sensiti...

Abster | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/13/2021
Condition: Homozygous Inherited High Blood Cholesterol

I’ve taken Zetia for 1 year (with a statin) for FH. LDL plummeted. I thought EXCELLENT! Dr suggested COQ10 for new muscle & back pain. This was tolerable. I recently began process to be a kidney donor and failed the first round of testing. My liver enzymes were 3x normal and my kidney output is insufficient. I researched, this is a rare side effect. Dr confirmed not typically seen, I stopped Zetia 6/11/21. Back pain has 100% diminished. Blood work again in two weeks. I will be going to a Lipid specialist next.

Jazzi | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Very effective bu PAIN in every joint, extremity, soft tissue of my entire body. I literally cannot move without assistance. I was very active before and am now almost unable to get out of my home....I have decided to stop taking it for a week or two and see if the pain diminishes. If so, I will contact Dr. for what to do next. I cannot live like this as I have genetically high triglycerides.

Laury | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: High Cholesterol

I have very high cholesterol-- over 400 when I was only 35 and weighed 110 pounds. Barely controlled for years on statins. I'm now 60. When my new doctor doubled my statin and saw no change in lipid levels, he prescribed Zetia in addition to the statin. I've been taking this drug 3 months now and my total cholesterol dropped 50 points. I've never been in the "normal" range before! I've experienced no side effects.

Cheriberry | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: High Cholesterol

After taking zetia for 6 weeks, severe joint pain in knees which were both replaced in 2012/2013.

Sharonpyb79n | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/21/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

I have been on zetia for one week and during that time I have experienced the most severe stomach pains with diarrhea and vomiting. The reason I changed med was the statins were damaging my legs and had quite severe pain. I am at a place where I can't?t tolerate either.