I have always had mild acne especially during puberty. However, for whatever reason I started getting cystic, more severe acne in the summer of 2014 when I was 20 yrs old. I thought it was a temporary flare up, but it stayed. I started birth control and it helped clear my skin for a little while. But then one day in the sun caused my skin to develop closed comedones on the forehead. I decided it w...

No idea, just started using it....

kellsbells | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/30/2020
Condition: Acne

I've been on adapalene for about 5 years and I love it. It starts by moving everything in your pores to the surface so acne will probably get worse before it gets better if you have years worth of congestion to deal with. In my experience, washing your face, letting it dry for about 20 minutes, applying the product, leaving it on for about 20 minutes, then washing it off and applying a moisturizer immediately after while your skin is still damp prevents any irritation and excessive dryness.

COM | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2020

Those complaining about the peeling and redness are either using the product wrong or don't understand how it works. Adapalene is a retinoid. All retinoids will cause peeling. The peeling leads to new, refreshed skin, preventing acne and aging. If you're starting this product, use it once every three days, only at night (retinoids leave the skin susceptible to UV damage, so night use prevents the worst of it. You should still wear sunscreen every day). If your skin is too sensitive for that, move it to every four or five days. Once your skin gets used to it, do it more frequently until you can use it once a day (never more than that). The first time I used this, I used it three days in a row. Nightmare! I peeled everywhere I have fine lines and it BURNED, but that was my fault for misuse. Over the next few days, after deep hydration (overnight masks) and reapplying moisturizer through the day, my skin was already glowing and clear. Pimples I'd had had lost redness and were shrinking. I was astounded. It's worth the peeling. If you're still concerned, search up "retinoid uglies." They will subside!

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2020
Condition: Acne

If I could give this a 0 in everything I would. This product gave me a chemical burn and now my face is red, swelled up, burning and stinging. Used it only 2 times now I can put anything on my face besides cold cold washcloths. I am very disappointed in this product. Would not ever reccomend.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/26/2019
Condition: Acne

EXTREMELY DRY SKIN AS A RESULT. used for over a year and everytime I used it, my face would become unbearably dry for at least 2 weeks.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2018
Condition: Acne

I thought acne was just for teenagers, until I became 40. I have been using this product for 2 weeks. The first week my acne became horrible. Now over the second week I have new and clearer skin developing. My acne is almost gone and I am just waiting for my acne scars to heal. The medication continues to dry my skin and I have started to use just a little lotion on the dry spots. Consistency is key!