I have suffered with chronic depression for most of my life. I have tried almost every antidepressant out there with varying degrees of success. I currently take 90 mgs of Cymbalta every day. While it is somewhat effective for me I still suffered greatly from nagging depression. It wasn't until my psychiatrist added Abilify that I experienced almost complete relief of my depression. Within two wee...

when my 19 yr old nephew took this med ,he died in his sleep apprx. 12 wks later.

#ItsKarly,YO! | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/21/2021
Condition: Schizophrenia

Hey y'all i jus wanna say this medicine has worked wonders for me i am on the 10 mg dose n i take it alone. Yes i have gained some weight which i needed jus got to watch what u eat n fight the cravings. It had always helped me get off the hard drugs...FINALLY!!! I never thought i would have the chance to say this.

yelah | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/14/2021
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

Works very well at controlling mania, haven't had a true manic episode since being on it. I was on too high of a dose (20 mg per day) and was dealing with disassociation and blunted emotions. Dropped down to 10 mg, then 5 mg. At 5 mg I still deal with blunted emotions but I am no longer disassociated. However... I crave carbs/sweets and I am constantly hungry since lowering my dose. I've gained 35 lbs in 8 months. My psych doesn't want to try a different med... I'm not exactly thrilled with the weight gain and my GP is running labs to see if I am pre-diabetic.

fedupschizophrenic | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/11/2021
Condition: Schizophrenia

Abilify caused me to gain over 70lbs. develop type 2 diabetes a terrible rash over my entire body & has made me feel suicidal for years. In addition to these side effects it has made me have more episodes at night with my sleep apnea, restless legs and terrible leg cramps. I have been on this drug for 10-15 years still experience sensation hallucinations and intense nightmares, some night feeling like I was going to die. Stay off this drug trust this guinea pig it will ruin your life!

Kali E | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/8/2021
Condition: Bipolar I Disorder with Most Recent Episode Mixed

I was on Abilify for a year. It kept my ups and downs stable, for the most part. I wish the doctors would’ve warned me about the possible weight gain. I started putting on weight pretty quickly after taking it, i’d say within the first few months. Eventually I had put on 20-30 pounds just like that. That is not good for someone suffering with bipolar/depression. I ended up getting off of it somewhere around my year mark and now i’m the most stable i’ve ever been on this other medication. Overall, Abilify is absolutely not worth it to me.

Dave | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more |
1/7/2021
Condition: Schizophrenia

I have been on ability for 10 + years I’ve worked full time 7 to present. It’s a miracle for me accompanied with therapy. But what has not worked is the generic no matter the dose it’s not the same. I live independently and I thank the medication for this.