I struggled with acne since around the age of 13. I was never concerned with it until my freshman year of college when I began experiencing horrible breakouts from stress. My acne became painful and it was the first time I felt embarrassed because of it. My dermatologist prescribed Differin. It's been five months and I couldn't tell you the last time I have had a breakout. The applied the Dif...

I'm 28 have been struggling with acne since I was 10. Never went to dermatologist, for a while birth control pills worked but not anymore. I started getting Huge puffy pimples between my cheeks and my ears and a lot of scaring, had enough, it's really starting to affect my self esteem not to mention that my face is always dry and the make up doesn't blend, my skin gets itchy, just horrible. my doc...

almond | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/14/2021
Condition: Acne

I am 16 years old and around June last year I started to develop mild-moderate acne around my chin, cheeks and jawline. It wasn't cystic but my face was always inflamed and very textured which made me pretty self-conscious especially being around my friends who had perfect, clear skin. I tried many over the counter facial washes and treatments plus also tried home remedies but nothing seemed to make much difference. I became sick of being so insecure so I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me with Differin Cream 0.1% Adapalene. I spent hours looking at reviews and received many mixed opinions regarding the medication and although I was really nervous to try it I decided to give it a go. I would cleanse my skin, moisturise then apply the Differin every night and after the first week I didn't notice any difference, good or bad, in my skin. By week 2/3 my skin purged a little bit (as expected) but it was no where as bad as the reviews I had read claimed, but that was just my experience. Throughout the first weeks my skin would flake if I applied the Differin too close to my mouth, I have oily skin anyway so it didn't make my skin too dry apart from that. Once the purge subsided my skin began to clear and all those nasty pimples faded away. By week 6 my skin was completely smooth, only leaving red marks behind which Differin still continues to fade along side vitamin c and other products to get rid of my scars. It's now week 13 and for the most part I'm super happy with my skin and so grateful for this amazing medication. If you're worried about purging or any other side effects please trust me when I say it differs for everybody and the wait is so worth it because this product truly saved my skin :)

Hilbean | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/23/2019
Condition: Acne

I had been using benzoyl peroxide for a long while with ok results. I still would have 2-3 zits on my face sometimes (mostly around my time of the month) but looking back it wasn't too bad. I just started to notice my skin was looking dull and congested so thought I needed to change up. My dermatologist suggested Differin last time I saw her, so after much research I decided to give it a try. I knew there was going to be a purge phase so I thought I was prepared. I was not. I look like I have a disease on my face. After week 8 and seeing no improvement and suddenly developing itchiness that was driving me crazy, I made an emergency appointment with my dermatologist. I am now on 3 medications to counteract the effects of differin. It may work for some but unfortunately I was not one of those people. I regret it so much. Please be cautious, because I now have months of recovery ahead of me.

Sluggirl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/10/2019
Condition: Acne

I’m use to having at least one active spot on my face at any given time, differin has really helped me. I found I was developing moderate acne about 2 years ago and I tried everything else. Skincare products, diet supplements, and cutting out dairy. It helped but differin was the gold star. I can see in the reviews many people have issues with this but you just have to give this a lot of time to work and be patient. It took maybe 3 months for this to stop flaring up any spots and start to work. Now my skin is completely different, I love this stuff. Most effective skincare product out there, makes me angry I wasted so much money on skincare products that weren’t prescription. If you try this, you need to change your skin routine to make it work around differin. Use a gentle or hydrating cleanser to wash your face at night, then apply your moisturiser, then differin. It will still work fine, just the moisturiser makes it less harsh for your skin. apply it everyday or build up to applying it every day. Always best to use it at night as it sensitises your skin to the sun. Apply spf during the day. Don’t apply it too close to your eyes, nose crease or chin crease as it will make your skin there peel. I don’t understand why this isn’t more widely discussed. Give a go, be patient and see if this works for you.

Nic gaff | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/26/2019
Condition: Acne

Terrible stuff I’ve been using it 3 months now and my skin is an absolute mess it’s still bright red and peeling I have Lumps and bumps every where . I do not recommend.

Lila | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/20/2019
Condition: Acne

Here's the trick I've found to reduce peeling and discomfort. Wash your face with an extra gentle cleanser, dry with a clean towel and then let air dry for several minutes. Apply a very thin layer of Differin over your entire face and let dry before going to bed. Leave on overnight and then wash your face again in the morning with the same extra gentle cleanser. Immediately apply a good amoutn of a non-comedogenic, fragrance-free lotion moisturizer (I use CereVe). Use Differin only once a day. At almost 60, my acne was worse than ever even after trying a multitude of treatments. Yes, the first weeks using Differin my face peeled and peeled. Sometimes the skin would peel off before its time and leave a red, raw area. But overtime, the peeling has subsided, the blackheads around my nose and checks are noticeably fewer and the whiteheads and Milia are almost gone. I haven't had a full blown acne breakout since I started Differin and the nice side effect is after all that peeling, I have fewer acne scars and shallower wrinkle lines.