This drug has worked great for me. I haven't had any side effects and the injection is painless and simple.

Forteo has caused deep caries of the roots of my teeth

Forest | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/19/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have not had any side effects. The needle injections are very tolerable. After 1 year, I had a noteworthy improvement in my bone density test results. My 2nd year test will be in May. I hope to see the same improvement. I fell once a few months ago and did not break any bones. This medication can build bone strength. Other medications, like Boniva, are intended to “maintain” strength. If you are at risk, you need a bone building medication like Forteo.

Kathy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/30/2020
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I took this for 18 months and stopped.I had gained but got tired of injection daily. Took Evista for couple years and lost all I gained. Now back on to finished out the last 6 months allowable. I'm having problems with memory. Seems to have started when I began Forteo???

Lawrence | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/27/2020
Condition: Osteoporosis in Male Patient

I hate injections but Forteo with nano needles is barely a pinprick. Only takes 5 minutes a day and no side effects except small temporary welt at the site, like an insect bite but no pain or itch. Much less onerous than fosamax if you ask me. Has to be refrigerated so puts a damper on travel but otherwise no big deal. After 2 years, no big change in my spine but femoral neck BMD increased by 0.042 g/cm2 and Z-score went from -1.9 to -1.6. Total hip Z-score went from -2.2 to -1.7, still terrible of course but way better than it was. It's important to get weight-bearing exercise while taking it, I walked 2 miles every day. I know people complain about the high cost of this drug, I believe it even won some kind of "award" for being overpriced relative to its benefit. I paid about $4,000 a year and for me it was well worth it. Fortunately I have a good Part D plan which paid the rest, at least $30,000 I think. But now seems a generic version is approved so hopefully more people will be able to afford and take advantage of this drug.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/29/2020
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

"You can just roll over on your bed and have a fracture", my rheumatologist warned, after viewing my bone density result. That was after injection prolio regimen. Within two minutes, My Injection forteo was started, on 4/5/19. I religiously took the daily injection till June 15, 2020. I went in again for a follow up after I had another bone density exam. "your bone density has not changed much", he said. That is the day I made up my mind that the torture isn't worth it for me, to continue forteo. so I am done.

ShakyBones | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/27/2020
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I last posted 7/8/20-began forteo injection every other day. With each injection symptoms of hurting all over and nausea increased. Messaged my dr 7/26/20 that I will try injecting every third day to try reap whatever benefit for my bones. I'm very healthy and active, but the side effects are knocking me down and it takes longer to recover on off day. Wish I didn't have side effects. Will provide future updates in hope of helping others.