45 yr old male athelete. shoulder pain. has noticibly decreased the pain but not "cured" the problem. getting injections in the left deltoid area. so far 1 every month for the last 4 months.

missymoo | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2014
Condition: Inflammation of Skin and Muscles All Over the Body

I had a dose with 80 mg a combination of cortisone and depo medrol injected into my neck,shoulders,and back over a 20 min. period. It was one of the most painful treatment I've ever had.It was used to help with Fibromyalgia.

Sassa | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/30/2011
Condition: Inflammation of the Sac Surrounding the Joint - Bursitis

First injection was effective about 4 days after I received it and I remained painless for about 4-6 months. My second injection has been ineffective in the eight days since I've received it. Little or no relief noted.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/9/2011
Condition: Inflammation of the Tendon

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/15/2009
Condition: Asthma

If go to the doctor and get the drug IM when I have an onset of asthma symptoms, I clear up faster than with p.o. meds.

Ishi | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2008
Condition: Allergic Reaction caused by a Drug

I have Steven's Johnson Syndrome, and I use this, depo-medrol, along with Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate. I have to have the injection with in 24 hrs of the for symptom. What I have to do is mix 1 cc. of each into a syringe, so a total of 2 cc's my first initial dose. Then I have to take the 1 cc of the Dexamethasone 2X a day for 5 days. This will stop the Stevens Johnson syndrome from spreading throughout my system, but what damages is done by the time I take it, is done. I hope this helps someone out there that has SJS, it is a very painful event when it flares up and I am so thankful I found a doctor that knew a lot about SJS.