This drug has worked fabulously for controlling my daughter's asthma. HOWEVER,it's side effects have been a nightmare. Began taking it after 3rd birthday, would not longer sleep in her bed, up numerous times /night, horrible temper tantrums, weepy, moody/irritable. Everyone thought she was just "going through a phase." Docs assured me could not be because of meds. They increased her dosage when s...

I haven't taken singulair yet I am reading on it before I asked my doctor about it.

One Miserable S | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Seasonal Runny Nose

This drug caused me to have brain damage that can be seen in an MRI imaging. The damage seems permanent. My life has changed in a severe and detrimental way. I think of suicide EVERYDAY after stopping it in 2013. Now it's June of 2021. I have finally found a lawyer who may help me sue MERCK. But don't know if I will make it until the suite goes to trial. I may become homeless next month. MERCK hopes you never read this review because they are a making a huge profit from this drug. And right from the beginning, they knew this drug goes primarily through the blood brain barrier. They were trying to develop a drug to treat a brain disease such as multiple district for multiple sclerosis. When they found it didn't work for that condition, they sought out other medical problems I try to use it on. But this drug is far more damage than good. WebMD needs to stress this more. Many people have developed mental health and neurological problems from taking thus drug. Singular should have never sought to sell it. The potential side effects are far too severe to risk taking this drug for allergies or asthma. I started out what's some sinus issues and now my sinuses are not better and my life will never return to normal and I may kill myself eventually. I truly have nothing to live for anymore.

Beka | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/27/2021
Condition: Allergic Asthma

Watch out for side effects. It had a dramatic impact on my mood. I stopped and started again 3 times over a year to see if it was truly the Singulair. It was.

JKS | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
1/20/2021
Condition: Allergic Asthma

This medicine was prescribed for my 8-year-old daughter. We started her on it because she was sent home from school with a runny nose and missed 10 days due to Covid policies. We wanted her to have the best chance to get to go to school during allergy season. Like others have said, I wish we would have read more about possible side effects. Since she's been taking this, her behavior has changed drastically to the point that the last few days she has been unrecognizable. She is angry, aggressive, and screams and lashes out sometimes for no reason. She is usually an extremely happy, easygoing child. I was ready to take her to a counselor when my husband looked at the side effects. We stopped use immediately. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get out of her system. We would rather her deal with allergy symptoms than to not ever feel like herself.

Katie M | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/15/2020
Condition: Exercise-Induced Bronchospasm Prevention

It's not been perfect but has helped. I haven't had any of the bad effects I've read in all the other reviews. (I actually wonder if they are using this drug as a scapegoat for their issues). After years of taking this, a mix up with the pharmacy and needing a call to Dr for refill, I ended up not taking it for a couple weeks. I had lousy allergy/sinus crud that makes people look weird at you during this Covid19 snafu.

Smith | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/20/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I've developed a respiratory infection because of untreated allergies. Went to the local clinic and they prescribed antibiotics and Singulair. Very easy to take and worked a little bit in the first couple days, but 9 days after starting it I had to stop because of severe side effects and ineffectiveness. Singulair has caused me to hallucinate, engage in unusual compulsive behaviors, and contemplate suicide whereas before I was perfectly fine. Severely negatively impacted my work and mental state. Would not recommend this at all.