I was in the ER for an exacerbation of COPD. I was given Decadron in my IV before discharge. Immediately I had burning in my vaginal area and extremely intense burning on my upper back. It felt like I was covered with biting Fire Ants. It brought me to a sitting position and wild eyed! The burning lasted at least one minute and then slowly faded away. I hope I never get that stuff again!

JT | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/8/2021

I was given KETOROLAC for pain from my spinal stenosis. I immediately felt like my whole insides all the way to my head was on fire and got real nauseous. I immediately told the nurse and she said we hate to mark you as allergic because this is a really good medication. I told her you need to mark my chart

Ana | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2021

Wow noone warned me about the intense itching in my private area after having a steroid through an IV. It may have only lasted for 20 seconds but I felt like I had sat in fire ants.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
7/14/2021
Condition: Worsening of Asthma

Got this with Toradol in IV and immediately got lighting bolt sensations in my vaginal and anal areas and the top of my head. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I told her and said she’s never seen medication react that fast. It literally happened immediately after she pushed it through. Definitely don’t want to experience that again - only lasted for a minute though. Some slight tingles in face/head for awhile after.

Mbus | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Allergic Reaction caused by a Drug

The first time i got it i received it Intra Muscular and i had no issues. The send time i got it i received it IntraVenous and holy cow!!! The vaginal-anal burning was crazy. That was terrible but it did help the small coctail they gave me to help a severe allergic reaction.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2020

Was given this in the ER as a means of combating my pneumonia. Felt like fire ants were stinging my face and vag area for about 15 seconds. I told my nurse and she thought it was odd.

Natalee | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/7/2020

I was given this drug through an IV with a cocktail of Toradol and Zofran, the nurse said she had to inject it slowly or I would feel burning in places I wouldn’t want to feel burning.... I felt it! And I told her right away and she said it’ll go away, it’s so uncomfortable and bothersome but not the end of the world and it does go away rather quickly, it distracted me from my head pain.

Flu lady | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I got this medication through IV for the FLU. I was told I would feel a slight burning in my private areas.. I was so sick it didn�t matter ...until I felt that burning sensation in my vagina. What kind of side effect is that! I�m feeling so much better today though.

Andilou1999 | 35-44 | Female | Patient
12/11/2019
Condition: Vocal Cord Swelling

Wow, the nurse said I might experience some tingling. That was like a little lightning bolt to the vagina, surely shocked me. Lasted about a minute but got me right up in the bed for sure.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/20/2019

I was given it after a car accident. The nurse warned me but when it actually started to burn it was more intense it only lasted about a minute but it was harsh and alarming

Pesos | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2019

Works fine but burns the anal and vaginal area like crazy!! The nurse warned me but I was not prepared for how badly it was going to burn. It only lasted for about 30 seconds tho.

Dolores | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/11/2019

I was given this for migraines through my IV. As soon as it started going in I felt a warm sensation which immediately turned into a burning sensation on my vagina. It felt so bad it made me jump out of bed. I hope others don't have to go through this.

Doodles | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/9/2019

I took this via IV for my wisdom teeth removal. I was told I’d have a slight burning sensation that would last a few seconds. They have it to me with the anesthesia so when the burning started I couldn’t tell them. I felt it burning SEVERELY in the back of my head, my back, my feet and vagina for more than 5 minutes. I was in SO much discomfort and couldn’t say anything to the nurse standing right next to me. If I could have cried I probably would have. I left the office with an extreme feeling of mistrust.Read More Read Less

Esme Marie | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2017

I have been given this through iv for migraines. I find it effective however the burning up and down my spine side effect is alarming.

Cheryl A. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/10/2016

Mjcny | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2013

This was one of the worst experiences with any drug I've ever had to take. I needed it after swelling of the spinal cord after having three cervical fusion. I was unable to use my hands after surgery. The drug reduced the swell g and gave me back the ability to use my hands but I was a wreck for several weeks. They put 300 mg of decadron in me in 14 days. 160 mg through IV in 4 days. Had severe insomnia, severe mood swings and four weeks later still have a swollen face and some trouble with my eyesight. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/21/2013
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting After Surgery

works so well for me after surgery. wouldn't be without it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2011

As soon as the medication went through my IV I felt a strong burning sensation in my vaginal area that lasted only briefly.

BURF | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2011

GIVEN PRE AND POST OP FOR SWELLING IN MY TRACHEA AND INCREASED DIFFICULTY BREATHING. I EXPERIENCED A SUDDEN BURNING SENSATION IN MY GROIN. IT WAS BETTER WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. THIS DRUG WAS VERY EFFECTIVE IN MY TREATMENT OF THIS CHRONIC CONDITION.

Jo | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/11/2010

it was used during surgery. having increased blood pressure, rapid heart rate, started aprox 8 hours post op.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient