I was in the ER for an exacerbation of COPD. I was given Decadron in my IV before discharge. Immediately I had burning in my vaginal area and extremely intense burning on my upper back. It felt like I was covered with biting Fire Ants. It brought me to a sitting position and wild eyed! The burning lasted at least one minute and then slowly faded away. I hope I never get that stuff again!

Mallory H | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2023
Condition: Skin Condition

I was given an IV push of Dexamethasone (that is probably spelled really wrong) for help with a bag migraine. Immediately had pain in my perineal are, my eyes, mouth and nose. The Dr told me it is impossible to be allergic to a steroid but there are adverse side effects at time. Immediately had a massive panic attack, talked him into giveing me a small dose of Ativan so the anxiety would end. It’s been 9 hours and my skin is still prickly on my legs arms mouth peri area and the tunk of my body And my eyes and tongue still burn. No other side effects. (Except more anxiety trying to go to bed) They told me it would take 24 hours to get rid of the reaction unless they flushed it out with fluids. I asked them to flush it and they said “well then it was a waste giving it to you” and they offered another steroid I have never tried. That’s when they told me I could leave bc my language got pretty bad. All I wanted was a shot of something stronger than toradol (which I have a prescription for) and then I wanted to go him and sleep it off. I told them I’m not a junk they can check all my labs, past labs and dr visits. That’s when I got mouthy and pretty much kicked out. Read More Read Less

B | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2023
Condition: Vocal Cord Swelling

The same thing happened to me! I was given it in the ER when I had a virus and I had a hot prickly sensation in the places described about a minute after they had it to me in my IV. I called out to the doctor thinking I was having an allergic reaction and he acted like he thought I was crazy. There is no way I was the first woman to ever report this to him. It went away after about thirty seconds though!

Kayce | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/25/2022
Condition: Multiple Sclerosis

I have to have an infusion every month, so every month I get Decadron in my IV/shot.....Yes it can cause "ants in your pants" if the person giving it to you rushes the shot. Tell them to slow it down and it will not cause the ants biting feeling. But it does work and if you get the ants it only last a minute....

Godiva1004 | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/4/2022
Condition: Myasthenia Gravis

I went to the er for a severely infected tooth and cannot take pill form of antibiotics and such, so everything was given in the IV. Decadron was given to assist with the swelling caused by the septic infection. This worked miracles. Got god awful nausea from the pain and zolfran does work well with me and I am allergic to almost everything except dilaudid and phenegrin.

RAM231 | 19-24 | Female | Patient
2/7/2022

I went to the ER for severe pain due to tonsillitis and was given decadron along with toradol. The decadron caused a very sharp burning sensation throughout my entire body especially in my perineal area. Told the nurse and he told me that he heard it happening with the toradol and never with the decadron. It did not help my pain whatsoever and then was told to go home.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/8/2021

Went to ER for burning sensation on surface of head and they told me it was a migraine. I had no headache or migraines and they proceeded to tell me it was okay even if it wasn't and it would ease any pain I had. I thought they would give medicine by like pill and they said it would be an IV and they named about 4-5 different things they would put through the IV. I backed out because I was scared and the doctor got very frustrated with me and continued to insist that even if I had nothing wrong it would do no harm. So the nurse started the IV and as soon as she injected the 3rd or 4th one I had the worst feeling of burning sensations on my vaginal area and my entire head. I told the nurse right away and started to have an anxiety attack. she did nothing and proceed to inject the last medication. The feeling went away like others say about 30secs later I still had an anxiety attack and she just walked out and got help and the others tried to calm me and maybe I shouldn't have but I yelled at the nurse that was helping me and called her a liar because right before she said word for word "there are no side effects but you will only feel sleepy like a natural sleepy when your tired", When I said that those who were there to help got mad at me and said that I should not call her a liar. eventually I calmed down but It was definitely not a natural sleepy I felt all drugged up and I couldn't even talk and felt so dumb like I couldn't think right. After this experience I had very had anxiety and insomnia for about 6 months and I even got very bad eye sight on one eye. FYI before this I never had anxiety or any depressed feeling and had very good vision and didn't need glasses. It was the worst experience in my entire life and I think what traumatized me the most is that the care I got at that hospital was absolute s**t. After months I got better and never went to that hospital again, last I heard there was people outside with signs that read "this is the place you go to die from the care" or "no one cares about your health here" Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Patient
11/2/2021

Was given decadrin for suspected migraine before discharge from the hospital. Within 10 seconds my butt, Vagina right leg and head burned like I was having acid poured on my body. Faded within 3 minutes

Michelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/26/2021

My condition was facial cellulitis. Like others on here, immediately after administration, there was perineal burning, which lasted approx 30 sec. Very odd sensation, but worth it for the beneficial effects of this drug. A lifesaver.

JT | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/8/2021

I was given KETOROLAC for pain from my spinal stenosis. I immediately felt like my whole insides all the way to my head was on fire and got real nauseous. I immediately told the nurse and she said we hate to mark you as allergic because this is a really good medication. I told her you need to mark my chart

Ana | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2021

Wow noone warned me about the intense itching in my private area after having a steroid through an IV. It may have only lasted for 20 seconds but I felt like I had sat in fire ants.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
7/14/2021
Condition: Worsening of Asthma

Got this with Toradol in IV and immediately got lighting bolt sensations in my vaginal and anal areas and the top of my head. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I told her and said she’s never seen medication react that fast. It literally happened immediately after she pushed it through. Definitely don’t want to experience that again - only lasted for a minute though. Some slight tingles in face/head for awhile after.

Mbus | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Allergic Reaction caused by a Drug

The first time i got it i received it Intra Muscular and i had no issues. The send time i got it i received it IntraVenous and holy cow!!! The vaginal-anal burning was crazy. That was terrible but it did help the small coctail they gave me to help a severe allergic reaction.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2020

Was given this in the ER as a means of combating my pneumonia. Felt like fire ants were stinging my face and vag area for about 15 seconds. I told my nurse and she thought it was odd.

Natalee | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/7/2020

I was given this drug through an IV with a cocktail of Toradol and Zofran, the nurse said she had to inject it slowly or I would feel burning in places I wouldn’t want to feel burning.... I felt it! And I told her right away and she said it’ll go away, it’s so uncomfortable and bothersome but not the end of the world and it does go away rather quickly, it distracted me from my head pain.

Flu lady | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I got this medication through IV for the FLU. I was told I would feel a slight burning in my private areas.. I was so sick it didn�t matter ...until I felt that burning sensation in my vagina. What kind of side effect is that! I�m feeling so much better today though.

Andilou1999 | 35-44 | Female | Patient
12/11/2019
Condition: Vocal Cord Swelling

Wow, the nurse said I might experience some tingling. That was like a little lightning bolt to the vagina, surely shocked me. Lasted about a minute but got me right up in the bed for sure.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/20/2019

I was given it after a car accident. The nurse warned me but when it actually started to burn it was more intense it only lasted about a minute but it was harsh and alarming

Pesos | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2019

Works fine but burns the anal and vaginal area like crazy!! The nurse warned me but I was not prepared for how badly it was going to burn. It only lasted for about 30 seconds tho.

Dolores | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/11/2019

I was given this for migraines through my IV. As soon as it started going in I felt a warm sensation which immediately turned into a burning sensation on my vagina. It felt so bad it made me jump out of bed. I hope others don't have to go through this.

Doodles | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/9/2019

I took this via IV for my wisdom teeth removal. I was told I’d have a slight burning sensation that would last a few seconds. They have it to me with the anesthesia so when the burning started I couldn’t tell them. I felt it burning SEVERELY in the back of my head, my back, my feet and vagina for more than 5 minutes. I was in SO much discomfort and couldn’t say anything to the nurse standing right next to me. If I could have cried I probably would have. I left the office with an extreme feeling of mistrust.Read More Read Less