I was in the ER for an exacerbation of COPD. I was given Decadron in my IV before discharge. Immediately I had burning in my vaginal area and extremely intense burning on my upper back. It felt like I was covered with biting Fire Ants. It brought me to a sitting position and wild eyed! The burning lasted at least one minute and then slowly faded away. I hope I never get that stuff again!

Ana | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2021

Wow noone warned me about the intense itching in my private area after having a steroid through an IV. It may have only lasted for 20 seconds but I felt like I had sat in fire ants.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
7/14/2021
Condition: Worsening of Asthma

Got this with Toradol in IV and immediately got lighting bolt sensations in my vaginal and anal areas and the top of my head. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I told her and said she’s never seen medication react that fast. It literally happened immediately after she pushed it through. Definitely don’t want to experience that again - only lasted for a minute though. Some slight tingles in face/head for awhile after.

Mbus | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Allergic Reaction caused by a Drug

The first time i got it i received it Intra Muscular and i had no issues. The send time i got it i received it IntraVenous and holy cow!!! The vaginal-anal burning was crazy. That was terrible but it did help the small coctail they gave me to help a severe allergic reaction.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2020

Was given this in the ER as a means of combating my pneumonia. Felt like fire ants were stinging my face and vag area for about 15 seconds. I told my nurse and she thought it was odd.

Natalee | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/7/2020

I was given this drug through an IV with a cocktail of Toradol and Zofran, the nurse said she had to inject it slowly or I would feel burning in places I wouldn’t want to feel burning.... I felt it! And I told her right away and she said it’ll go away, it’s so uncomfortable and bothersome but not the end of the world and it does go away rather quickly, it distracted me from my head pain.