Show ratings & reviews for

3.5 Overall Rating

Effectiveness

Tooltip icon

Ease of Use

Tooltip icon

Satisfaction

Tooltip icon

Most voted positive review

5 People found this comment helpful

I have been on Desogen for 15 years. I've never had any side effects and never had any pregnancy scares. So, it works.

Most voted negative review

4 People found this comment helpful

I was having problems with irregular periods, so my dr prescribed me Solia. Being my 1st birth control, I was already hesistant in taking it but my dr specifically recommended it for me, and what did I have to lose! It did regulate my periods, but I also suffered from side effects. I was constantly bloated, to the point where my skin (hands, face, all over) looked puffy. I experienced an increase...

Shared reviews and ratings

Jenna.Denise | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
4/26/2016
Condition: Disease of Ovaries with Cysts
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I've taken a few types of birth controls in the past, but have been on this one for the past 3months since I had a really bad reaction to the NUVARING! But so far so good, the hardest thing for me is remembering to take the pill. It's tiny, easy to swallow, and I haven't had any side affects so far. I've been on pills that have made me nauseous and this doesn't do this to me, I have finally found a bearable source of birth control

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/25/2014
Condition: Birth Control
Overall rating 1.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I had a stroke cause of this medicine. Please look at all side effects before taking.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/19/2014
Condition: Birth Control
Overall rating 4.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

While this was effective (didn't get pregnant), I gained 10 pounds quickly when I started taking it and I felt really tired most of the time. It did get rid of my hormonal acne around the chin though...

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
bekka | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2014
Condition: Birth Control
Overall rating 4.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

Alright, so tomorrow will be the start of my third month on these pills. First, I'd like to say that has been completely effective for me. It does the job of preventing pregnancy, but with all of the side effects, I'm not sure it's worth it. My mood has changed drastically, I am angry 70% of the time, the other 30% I'm either sad or happy. I will find myself crying for no reason at night over silly things, when before I started these pills I hadn't cried in months. My boyfriend and I constantly fight because I get mad at him so easily. I have gained weight and I'm getting depressed. I really would not recommend this to anyone.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Tj | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/10/2013
Condition: Birth Control
Overall rating 3.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I first noticed the headaches, then my period lasted 3 weeks and still hasn't gone away. My breasts are sensitive. I get tired so easily, all I Want to do it sleep. I'll get really horny but then really turned off at random times.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD

The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

Read More