I've had severe migraines at least once a week since I was 11 or 12. I'm now 21, so I've been suffering with this for about 10 or 11yrs, though it feels like I've been suffering soooo much longer! Previously, I have taken Imitrex, Topomax, Tylenol, Ibuprophen, aspirin, Excedrin, Advil, Maxalt etc. You name it, I've tried it at some point, and NONE of them worked for me. I was at the end of my ...

Just started taking this medication just yesterday.

Huckie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/31/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraines since age 4. They became debilitating in 1993. After a lot of trial and error, my neurologist prescribed Midrin as a migraine abortive. I have at least 20 migraine days per month, sometimes more than one migraine per day. With Midrin, I have lived like a normal person for the past 26 years. I�m currently on my third neurologist in an effort to find relief since the FDA yanked Midrin and the generic from the market. My life is hell. The first neurologist tried to reinvent the wheel. Triptans basically turn me into a zombie and explode in my brain. I�m taking a quarter of the recommended dose, then talked him into compounding Midrin sans the vasoconstrictor to offset the effects of the triptans. He changed me from Topamax to Trokendi. Now, instead of having O headaches, I have headaches every single day plus migraines. He also upped the Amitriptyline from 10 mg to 25 mg. His nurse practitioner tried to play the essential oils and supplements game w/ me, when my appointment got switched to her. Hey, I�m paying neurology dollars, here! I finally had all the fun I could stand. They refused to do a brain MRI, even though there hasn�t been any imaging since 1993. My primary sent me to a sleep doctor (neurologist) for a second opinion on testing done at the first clinic. He referred me to a second neurologist. The clinic moved me to a new neurologist to their practice, who turns out not to take my insurance. Now he�s referring me to a neurologist out of state, because migraine specialists, and who also accept my insurance, aren't as plentiful as you may think. So, thanks FDA for making my life a living hell and draining my bank account.

Huckie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/31/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraines since age 4. They became debilitating in 1993. After a lot of trial and error, my neurologist prescribed Midrin as a migraine abortive. I have at least 20 migraine days per month, sometimes more than one migraine per day. With Midrin, I have lived like a normal person for the past 26 years. Iâ??m currently on my third neurologist in an effort to find relief since the FDA yanked Midrin and the generic from the market. My life is hell. The first neurologist tried to reinvent the wheel. Triptans basically turn me into a zombie and explode in my brain. Iâ??m taking a quarter of the recommended dose, then talked him into compounding Midrin sans the vasoconstrictor to offset the effects of the triptans. He changed me from Topamax to Trokendi. Now, instead of having O headaches, I have headaches every single day plus migraines. He also upped the Amitriptyline from 10 mg to 25 mg. His nurse practitioner tried to play the essential oils and supplements game w/ me, when my appointment got switched to her. Hey, Iâ??m paying neurology dollars, here! I finally had all the fun I could stand. They refused to do a brain MRI, even though there hasnâ??t been any imaging since 1993. My primary sent me to a sleep doctor (neurologist) for a second opinion on testing done at the first clinic. He referred me to a second neurologist. The clinic moved me to a new neurologist to their practice, who turns out not to take my insurance. Now heâ??s referring me to a neurologist out of state, because migraine specialists, and who also accept my insurance, aren't as plentiful as you may think. So, thanks FDA for making my life a living hell and draining my bank account.

Swilliams | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

Have taken since my 20s so for approx. 50 years and it is the only thing that works without incapacitating me. Even narcotics don't work on vascular migraine like this does.

Jhice | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/17/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

Well as must of everyone who even knows what Midrin is knows it's impossible to get bc the FDA shut it down. I have 2 caps left and am so anxious about taking them. The only thing that's worked EVER and I've tried it all. If you lucky and know of a pharmacy willing to compound PLEASE send me an email with their contact info... it means so much more than I can express.

LivingInOhio | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/20/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

As of this review (Spring 2017) only one company makes it (Macoven Pharma.) It is the best migraine treatment for me whatever variation of name it is dispensed as: "Midrin" "Commonly known as Midrin" "Epidrin" "isometheptene-dichloralphenazone-acetaminophen" "Isometh/Dich/Apap 65-100-325." At onset of migraine I take 2 capsules Midrin plus 25mg of Phenergan and 20-30 minutes later the migraine just starts to disappear. Make me sleepy - that's the only downside and one I can manage. Usually first dose is enough, occasionally I take one more Midrin capsule an hour later. I went through two years trying out various Rx's, shots, treatments with my doctor, but once we tried Midrin I got my life back. The difficulty getting it lately has me jumping through hoops but it's worth it.