Have been on the drug for several yrs, ( .1 at 2 times a day). Within an hr. after taking I am either asleep or fighting to stay awake! Voice hoarse, constantly clearing throat, dry mouth, weakness, lethargic, nightmares. BP sometimes drops too low. Was in hospital for arrythmia, DR. stopped my Catapres suddenly and after two days my BP spiked dangerously high...had to go back on it immedia...

Strangedays | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/29/2021
Condition: Symptoms from Stopping Treatment with Opioid Drugs

I have been going down on my dose of methdone now for almost a year and a half with no stopping. Originally at 145mg I have gone down 5mg/wk since December 2019(the most they allow) anyways it is now April 2021 and I'm on 4mg going down 1mg/wk. Only bc when you hit 20mg the most you can go down is 2 mg/wk you hit 10mg its 1mg/wk. I have 4 weeks to go. I spoke to my psychiatrist I have a lot of stress and problems going on but honestly right now I'm preaching to the choir everyone is going through something. My psychiatrist is amazing now I told her I'm getting almost to the finish line...4 weeks so intold her how awful my depression and anxiety has been and she prescribed this. Now it helped at first which was only 3 days ago. Now I feel like I had no withdrawals before and going through my stuff but now I actually do feel like I'm withdrawing which I might be but 2 days ago I did not feel like this although they did just drop my dose on Thursday. I take other medications for depression, anxiety and adhd. So she added this and I dont know if I feel worse bc of this or not. I'm on .1mg 3 times a day for anxiety but it's making it worse I feel like someone is squeezing my chest all day.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2016
Condition: Symptoms from Stopping Treatment with Opioid Drugs

I was in a bad accident. Crushed my thoracic spinal nerves. No-one picked it up for 8 years until I found a great PM anaesthetist. He found 3 levels of crushed spinal nerves after 8 years of being misdiagnosed.Nerve ablation worked really well for me. I always knew it was physical pain Thought I would get better but just got worse. A friend of mine who is a med specialist couldn't believe the pain I was in. Advised me to see an anaesthetist. Wish I had found him first after 8 years of 24/7 pain. Have come down really fast from 80mgs 40mgs 80mgs oxycontin. Am now at 40mgs 40mgs 40mgs in less than one month. Makes my eyes dry and can't speak if I'm not chewing sugarless lollies or drinking water. Wake up every night round 2.30 to 3am take two, go back to sleep. Didn't realise they are addictive so will try one tonight. Never drive if I take one during a rough day. Makes me too tired. Didn't realise they cut down smoking. But at least can go hours without a smoke if I want to. My mum isn't well and have been able to help her instead of being locked in an addiction centre. My eyesight is crap though but don't think it was this med. Had to buy eyedrops and carry water everywhere. I probably feel a bit sick 'cause I still smoke. Wish my GP had told me they could help me quit smoking. Time for laser eye surgery again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/31/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Was prescribed 0.2 mg. 2x daily. Taken for over 2 yrs. I hate feeling tired, no libido, wt. gain and overall feeling of lethargy. Dr. trying to wean me off with 0.1mg am and added 2.5 mg Norvasc am. Not too bad, some withdrawal symptoms but tolerable. DCEd am catapres and added 2.5 more Novasc. Someone SHOOT ME. The withdrawal symptoms are horrific! Dizzy, headaches, pounding heart, insomnia, anxiety, and depression. My Dr. states that they will go away hopefully within a few weeks, if I stay sane through this process. Hate to think what will happen when I go off the pm catapres. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVEN RECOMMEND THIS HORRIBLE DRUG!

chris | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/8/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Works, but side effects take getting used to. I can't take diuretics or beta-blockers, and this is the most effective at controlling blood pressure of everything I've tried. Dry mouth and eyes are the worst side effects, but these are easily mitigated. If you're not used to it, though, that first pill will hit you like three martinis.

Anonymous | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/29/2015
Condition: Extremely High Blood Pressure

Have been living with super high blood pressure for a long time, generally feeling like my head was ready to explode along with a weird sensation behind my eyes - not pressure. Anyway every blood pressure medication made me terribly sick but I was always ready to try the next one, the one that always operated by a different mechanism. Finally, after a trail of failures, it was time for Lamotrigine. Frankly, it has changed my life entirely. At first I was just happy a week had passed without my throwing the pills away, feeling like I was going to die. I also suffered not a single side effect except some fatigue as my body adjusted to a non lethal blood pressure. In fact, my blood pressure dropped immediately to,a pretty normal range and has remained there. Along with with such a dramatic change in pressure I now have much more energy and now experience a sense of calmness rather than the constant anxiety 'for nothing' I had been living with for years. It's obvious that my experience seems to be atypical but in my case I'm overjoyed!