have had hbp for years, olds meds did'nt cut it anymore. 48 hours after putting on the patch bp was great. the patch does'nt stick well and the cover does cause a rash, you can move the patch around but the rash stays around forever and you dont get extra covers. i cant say enough good about this patch its saved my life. bp was 140/123 now nice and normal 120/72. my only concern: i understand if y...

I've had uncontrolled bloodpressure for years even with med's, It's up and down. My family Dr. whom I been seeing for 30 some year's sent me to a cardiolgist, the Cardiolgist took me off some of my regular med's without talking it over with my family Dr. and put me on Clonidine patch, WELL !, it only took me one day to find out the patch wasn't for me !!!, got almost all the side effect and some, ...

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/10/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I've only been on this for 5 days and have not seen a decrease in my blood pressure. Plus starting last night I am getting dizzy when I stand up. It's kinda freaking me out.

Anne | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/23/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been using the Clonidine patch for a few years with good results. But this past month, I encountered what I think is a batch that will not adhere to my skin. I have been very careful to apply it to clean, dry skin. The first one barely made it the week. Thesecond one, three days, and I used the adhesive cover which itches after a few days. the third one lasted one day and I lost that one altogether. I went without two days, and put the last patch on under the adhesive cover in hopes it will last 11 days, as my pharmacy will not issue them early. they suggested I contact the mfr. I did. the most disturbing thing is I've gotten no response from them. The lot #is 1205025B

prism700outlook.com | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/13/2017
Condition: Tourette's
S.Silvers4 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/9/2014
Condition: Tourette's

I've been taking Clonidine both in pill and patch forms since I was first officially diagnosed with Tourette's Disorder when I was 12 (even though I had severe symptoms of it all throughout my childhood up to and including the point of diagnosis). When I switched to the Catapres Clonidine Transdermal Patch around my high school years, I chose to because I had issues remembering how many pills I had to take and what times of the day I already took and would need to take them, and the patch offered me the option of only having to slap one on every week and that's it, no pills to keep track of or anything. I still keep the pills just in case I need an extra dose because my patch's effectiveness is dwindling towards the end of the week, but overall, the patch itself is not only handy and useful in both my remembering to take my medication, but it's also helped me significantly with being able to control and overcome my excessive movements, twitches, and tics, even though I'm not always able to completely stop them from occurring all the time. My only issue with this patch is how irritated it makes the parts of my chest where I keep it (which is inside near the upper portion of my bra - safer, less likely to fall off than if it were on my arm or elsewhere). The glue rubs off after a couple days of usage, and that might be because I take it off to shower or just because it wears off. And the glue does make the skin itchy, which I thought was partly due to my sensitive skin I have anyway even though the packaging states skin irritation may occur. Honestly, though? Even despite any side-effects I may have had growing up with this medication, I'm glad to have it, because it makes dealing with my condition so very much easier than if I never had it in the first place. Without it, it's difficult to function and stop twitching, so heed the warnings about not immediately stopping your dosage on it. If you need to stop, wean yourself off slowly at your doctor's advice!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/3/2013