I have been taking this drug since 1991 for effects of crohn's surgery. A section was removed causing excessive and constant diarreah. None of the normal diarreah meds helped without causing severe abdominal pain. For me, this drug tends to thicken the stool and keeps me from daily chronic diarreah.

I have had IBS w/D every since I was 16, but wasn't diagnosed with it until I was in my 30's. Nothing had seemed to help, but Colestid seems to be helping, even though I still sometimes go to the bathroom 3 times a day, but it is more formed. My new doctor prescribed the granules and oh boy...I have tried almost everything but still have a very difficult time taking this without gagging or throwin...

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/14/2018

Life changing!! Miracle drug!

Great Medication | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/14/2018

I had a bowel resection as an infant due to intussusception and have always had problems with diarrhea. Every doctor I saw said IBS, but I still had problems until I finally saw a GI who discovered that I don't have an ileocecal valve and prescribed colestid. It has changed my life, I don't have to take loperamide as often and I no longer have to worry about accidents when I'm away from home.

Snilod | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2015

I have mycroescopic colitis. After suffering with very acerbic loose stools for over a year my GI Dr. recommended cloistid. It does firm up the initial bm but immediately or shortly after the firm bm I go back to the looser movement...although the acerbic quality is gone. Also it seems I bruise and bleed more easily. I am not on a blood thinner.

Mimi | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/13/2014

I have been taking Colestid for 30 years and it made my life normal. I only have to take 5g in the morning which I mix with Citrucel fiber therapy. The Citrucel helps with the constipation associated with Colestid and I very rarely have the cramps and diarrhea that made my life miserable.

jk | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/13/2014

I take this because I have Crohn's disease. I take the pill form. works well and is easy to take. just make sure to drink with a full glass of water.