I had my gallbladder removed in February 2014. I had the "dumping syndrome" before gallbladder was removed, and even worse afterwards. Nothing seemed to help. After being prescribed Colestipol, I feel that I can actually get out of the house and not have to worry about my next bathroom stop. My DR. prescribed 1 tablet 2x daily, but I found that this was causing some unfavorable constipation. I wen...

I am Bipolar and my doctor prescribed this medication for diarhea. This medication is horrible, it went against all my other medication and I went into a Manic Bipolar Stage. It is terrible what I put my parents and son through. I am 46 years old and would never recommend this to anyone.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/27/2020
Condition: High Amount of Fats in the Blood

For people having trouble taking this large pill try putting it in a teaspoon of applesauce. It really Works!!

Sarah | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
4/5/2020

Does this cause you to gain weight

Tom L | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/7/2019

After several years using cholestyramine to control severea diarrhea I switched to colestipol because it is much lower cost and easier to take. Works as good or better.

RW | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/5/2019

I developed "dumping syndrome" after extensive intestinal surgery. Dr. prescribed 1g pill per day, works wonders, I am like normal!

Kdaaaawg | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/30/2018

Colestipol saved my life from severe bile reflux!! From throwing up multiple times throughout the night to one maybe twice a week is a huge accomplishment for me after fighting with GIs for a year! Although it sometimes causes constipation and weakness from not absorbing the vitamins in your body, I would 100% recommend if your having trouble with bile or fats being processed out!