I take Diamox 500mg twice a day for Pseudotumor Cerebri / Intracranial Hypertension (headaches caused by increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure). First 2 weeks on Diamox I had nausea and was short of breath, but that soon passed. Side effects - some weight loss and frequent potty trips. Diamox saved my vision and keeps me from getting wicked pressure headaches.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/31/2018
Condition: Increased Eye Pressure caused by Another Disease

Suddenly in 2016 February at the age of my 33 one day morning my eye become red with tears. Ran to Hospital, Doctor told it was pink eye and he has given the medication for pink eye, there is no result and started become worsen. Lots of hospitals ran and finally known that it was Uveites and started Steroied Drops but not identified that even with the steroid also my vision was poor. Finally 2017 Dec bcoz of Steroid Drops I gone for the Cataroct Surgery, before surgery Doctor given Avastin Inj, it will work for no infection can come to me same time My IOP started increasing until 50. Doctor realized and started Diamox immediately. Now my Eye pressure is 20mm. Really Diamox worked. But strange, I feel I want to keep my eyes without any medication. Drops only tobe given not orally. God can help may be.

Angie028 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/24/2012

My story started in August 2011. I went to the eye doctor for a routine exam mainly wanting to get new glasses. At the appointment some of the questions the doctor was asking I thought was a little strange but it was things that was happening to me and I was just ignoring the symptoms. Losing my vision when bending over, dizziness, and headaches. I started with the tests MRI (which was normal) Lumbar Punture (36) and blind spots in my field vision tests. It was confirmed I had Pseudotumor Cerebri. My next mission was to find out, why did this happen to me? No doctor could tell me why so I started my own research. I'm a CPhT at a hospital so I had alot of info at my fingertips. I came across birth control and thought this could be a cause, since I had Mirena IUD inserted in October 2010. All the literature on Mirena does not say anything about Pseudotumor Cereri but Norplant does. They both have levonorgestrol as the active ingredient. So I took this to the many doctors I was seeing at the time. To my surprise no one wanted to hear what I was saying. When I found out this info I made the appointment to have Mirena removed! I am currently taking Diamox 1500 mg daily and it's been 5 months since having Mirena removed. Other than the side effects from the Diamox (tingling sensations,ringing ears,tired all the time) I am getting better. No one is going to tell me any different that Mirena was not the cause of Pseudotumor Cerebri.

Angie028 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/23/2012

3/11/2012
Condition: High Eye Pressure or Glaucoma that May Worsen without Treatment

Damien | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/22/2011
Condition: Increased Eye Pressure caused by Another Disease

In 1991 I was told I had sudo tumor and would have to have a spinal tap with in 48 hours to relieve the preassure in my brain causing my headaches.It was a relief to finally put a name to what had been causing my extreme headaches for over 5 years. I was put on Diamox 1200mg. a day and for the first 2 weeks it seemed like I lived in the rest room. On the up side was the fact that I lost 12 lbs. in 2 weeks of fluid. I saw the doctor weekly for vivion field test for the first year and then monthly for a year and then every 4 months for a year. I'm down to once a year now and have been in remission for over 7 years. I found that a LOT of certain foods will still trigger headaches so I'm very carefull about what I eat. I had suffered the headaches for over 5 years and had been to tons of doctors who kept telling me I was making the headaches up just so I could get pain pills and that there was NOTHING wrong with me.How many of you had heard the same thing ? THANKS to Dr. Derman at Baylor College of Medicine here in Houston, Texas I was able to finally see the right doctors and start my road to recovery.My vision is normal and as long as I stay away from the foods that I know will set me off I.m doing ok. I also figured out that extreme heat will cause my headaches. Not good when you live in Texas in the summer..lol. Hopefully this will help others to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and if I can be of help or just someone to talk to you can reach me at [email protected] Damien