Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetazolamide oral.

2/14/2009 3:03:53 PM

Reviewer: jillpach, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    this medicine makes me terribly constipated. my headaches are still there and have alot of popping and ringing in my ears.i only can tolerate one pill daily, and only go "poop" about once a week.and then it ain't nothing nice.

11/5/2008 11:01:19 AM

Reviewer: texasmom, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been taking this med for 6 years. When I could afford Diamox Sequels, it was great. Sometimes an hour after taking this, I get extreme pressure behind my eyes. I also have been getting hives for about a year now. Anyone else have these problems?? I thought that I could drink whatever I wanted but maybe that is why soda always tastes flat!! Ha! I wish that there was more research on this awf ... Show Full Comment

11/5/2008 1:40:17 AM

Reviewer: jersey girl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I can agree, if you are a soda drinker you will not be if you are taking this medicine. I can only drink juice or water. This medicine has really helped my headaches.

10/13/2008 4:31:03 PM

Reviewer: Amanda, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I was first diagnosed I was given the pills I had to take several times a day. I could not hold down any food and was very confused and drained. After a few months when I changed doctors and complained about side effects they switched me to the Diamox Sequals. I take two pills a day and they release slowly. I still have some side effects some days, but this has been much easier.

9/12/2008 9:17:26 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started out taking 250mg a day, now the doctors have me taking 1,750mg a day. They say my body is compensating for the lower levels of CSF. I think this medication is worse than the disease itself. I have had three emergency doctor visits because of undisclosed side effects. Now I am looking at surgery (the shunt)because the doctors have finally began thinking I have been through enough. Side Ef ... Show Full Comment

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day