After being diagnosed with PTC in October I began to research and find out how other people were faring on the journey. I had never heard of anything like this before and I was just happy that it wasn't an actual brain tumor. The only major symptom I had was papillodema, rarely did I even get headaches so I was surprised to find out that something was seriously wrong in my head. I was told to try ...

My Toy poodle was given this drug for glaucoma and the first time I gave it to her she was having labored breathing and her tongue turned white. I gave a second dose the next day and she had the same reaction. I thought I was close to losing her.

LindyLou | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/3/2019
Condition: Altitude Sickness

This medication has been a godsend to me. I have altitude sickness when I am as low as 7,000 feet. The first time I took this medication, I had a strange feeling in the base of my brain for the first 6 hours after taking the initial pill, but I never had that or any other side effect since that initial episode. This medication allows me to be comfortable at even 14,000 feet. I am prescribed this anytime I am traveling to a high altitude. I basically live at sea level and could not travel as we do to wonderful parts of the world without this medication. I only use it two or three times per year.hme761

liv5411 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/5/2018
Condition: Water On the Brain with Obstruction of Cerebrospinal Fluid

I was taking this medication as a short-term solution for my pseudotumor cerebri until I could have my surgery done. This medication did do what it was supposed to. However, the side effects were horrible. I was always short of breath ( my O2 % was at 92% a majority of the time) and I was always tired.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | Patient
11/1/2017
Condition: Altitude Sickness

Used to altitude sickness even on airplanes (cabin air pressure similar to 6-8K feet)and higher mountains. This medicine has been a life saver for me in avoiding that headache pain, and associated nausea. Well worth trying if these symptoms seem like yours.

wildman | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
7/5/2017
Condition: Pseudotumor Cerebri

been taking 2000mg a day for 3 months, had Optic nerve sheath fenestration done 2 months ago, still pressure is to high 45. going in tomorrow to have a brain angiogram done, tons of test and still trying to find a cause so I don't have to do a shunt. For me I am one of the few that the drug didn't help but they don't want to take me off just in case it is working some. Metal taste, fatigue, and the runs are the worse,, so far, on the weekends I sleep 11 hours to catch up on what I loose during the week

Red Queen | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/12/2017
Condition: Pseudotumor Cerebri

Have been taking this since I was diagnosed in 1999. My neurologist told me that I was a textbook case because it worked so well for me. Started out on 250 mg (3) times a day and now only take twice a day. I am going down to 1 a day and hope that the fluid stays at bay. I don't want a spinal tap again.