I had originally taken it last year for about 3 months, and I honestly didn't notice any of the side effects that I am going to mention. Then my doctor put me on another pill, Klor Con and I noticed the coldness, depression and weight gain, so I told I wanted to go back to the Pot CL ER and I did so starting on 3/05/2012. After about 1 week, I started getting depressed. I was always cold (I live i...

Treatment for taking fluid pills, legs were cramping a great deal, and hands, heart raced. Took the Potassium Chloride oral and my heart raced, stomach sickness and an anxiety feeling. However it did solve the leg and hand cramp

alisa213 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2021
Condition: Low Amount of Potassium in the Blood

Since starting 20 MEQ, 1 time a day, I have experienced terrible bloating, continuous gas, and diarrhea. When I stopped taking the drug, my digestive system got back to normal.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
12/21/2019
Condition: Low Amount of Potassium in the Blood

tablets to large i cannot take it

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/30/2019
Condition: Low Amount of Potassium in the Blood

Three times to ER for tacycardia due to low potassium. On 10-20meq extended release (microencapsulated) CAPSULES, health was ok for five years. Dose increase and change to large wax matrix TABLETS caused ongoing nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, colon spasms when paired with medication to stop diarrhea (slowed bowel motility). At 60meq/day CAPSULES(in 20meq doses) w/diarrhea, tachycardia ensued. ER upped dose to 80meq/day. Potassium causes diarrhea at high doses and diarrhea prevents you from absorbing it. Solid forms are worst for causing bowel lesions. Capsules can be opened and mixed with food to reduce bowel irritation. Best is a form is powder (not encapsulated) to mix with water and drink. Diarrhea subsided at 60meq/day only when I limited intake at one time to 10meq with food and a full glass of water. Two weeks on 80meq (20meq at a time) with diarrhea only raised blood potassium from 3.6 to 4.1. This is a crucial problem as mine has to stay over 4 to prevent tachycardia. But overdose is asymptomatic and can cause death. Be sure you are monitoring your blood levels when taking this at high doses (over 20meq/day). I had blood tests two days apart that showed 1.5 increase (no diarrhea involved).

Docswidow | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/6/2019

I opened a sealed bottle from my Pharmacy and noticed several pills that look different from the Gabapentin that was on the label. The RX list said that they were potassium chloride and not Gabapentin. It was a sealed bottle.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/2/2019