Corbett Poynton | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/27/2021

Many years ago after returning to Australia after driving overland from London to India I became very ill - very tired (sleeping a minimum of 12 hours), feeling sick, headaches, sore eyes, no energy, and generally lousy. I was tested for many things but could find no source for the problem. I was put on Fansidar to treat toxoplasmosis it worked well but toxoplasmosis was not the problem. I have been taking Fansidar since the mid-1970s and it has kept me well. I stopped taking Fansiadt because it went out of production. Early in 2020, I was very ill again after a trip to Indonesia. I was checked again but no source of a problem was found. after several months of feeling ill, I used some very old Fansidar tablets, and within 3-4 weeks I was well again. Fansidar has allowed me to compete in sport internationally and have a normal life. Without it, I was virtually incapacitated. I can only speak highly of Fansidar. Read More Read Less

Mary | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/17/2011
Condition: Malaria

Dear All, In 1984, when I was 24, my university sent me to Kenya. At the University Clinic, I remember being told that I had to take Fansidar along with chloroquin. I was staying in Kenya for 3 months and visiting around the interior. I distictively remember in the clinic as I had to sign a long paper from the Manufacturer of Fansidar - Roche. Two nurses witnessed me signing this paper. the paper was saying that I was waiving Roche from being accountable for any side effects I may have. They told me at the clinic that I had no choice but to take this drug or I may die. I did what I was told. I was not warned about any side effects being very dangerous to me at that time. I had blurred vision, and felt vey very off, tired and dizzy on the once a week days I was to take them. These symptoms I am now reading are very dangerous signs. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I dont think I got damaged but who knows? Whilst there are wonderful things about modern medicine, to me its BEWARE in general. Too much money in this business. I would NEVER TAKE FANSIDAR AGAIN AND RECOMMEND AGAINST IT. TODAY THERE ARE OPTIONS. And by the way, I think I was one of the test cases as the university gave it to me free in the clinic which is not normal protocol. AVOID THIS DRUG, THere are better options now.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/22/2010
Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
11/13/2009
Condition: Prevention of Falciparum Malaria that is Resistant to Chloroquine

I broke out with an awful rash a few days after taking this drug. My face was puffy and I had tiny bumps and itching on my face and torso for several days.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/15/2009

This medication killed my significant other. Literally. He died of TEN (toxic epidermal necrolysis), after only 3 weekly doses. His doctor failed to take him off it even after he told the dr. he had a skin rash. Be warned.

netters | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/28/2009

depression

Emmanuel | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/14/2008
Condition: Malaria

It worked for me but it left me with bruised lips, not knowing that I bruise easily.