I was prescribed Paroxetine in August 2007 for depression and have been very satisfied with the results. Granted, Paroxetine does not make my issues disappear, rather, stabilizes my mood swings to help me cope with my problems. I feel a lot better and happier with myself, eat better, sleep soundly and am trying new activities that were once just to hard to deal with.

jijijmmjkmkl;;l;

Dori | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/25/2022
Condition: Panic Disorder

when i started taking this medication it was the worst 2 weeks of my life, but after 3-4 weeks, the medication started to work, it really helped me, and saved my life... i'm on the med since May, i still have a little anxiety, but i don't have panick attacks. Thank God and the doctors

MaryT | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/21/2022
Condition: Depression

20+ year twice daily 20mg user (total 40mg per day). The drug has helped keep my mood in the "middle". Really improved my life by mostly eliminating the extreme mood swings. Have tried to get off this drug. Not only do mood swings come back less than 24 hours after last dose, but very bad headaches, that feel like someone is ripping the back of my brain out. VA is now dispensing a blue Paroxetine 20mg pill, made in AU, that is not as effective as the white oval pills I have taken for many years. This happened before, when CVS pharmacy changed drug manufacturer. Anyone else notice this? Read More Read Less

Graham | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/2/2022
Condition: Depression

Have been taking paroxetine regularly for 25 years has been a life saver. Have few times to try and wean off them but have realised with help of medical professionals that without them I will suffer extreme bouts of anxiety and sometimes depression. Have occasionally once or twice had to increase dosage but I am very stable on a maintenance dose of 20mg. I am now 61 years of age and I am in excellent mental and physical health.

Amethyst | 13-18 | Nonbinary | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/27/2022
Condition: Panic Disorder

It's given my my life back, it also helped with my tourrettes.

6/27/2022
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

I have very bad anxiety and tourrettes and this medication has helped me so much. The only side effect I don't like is the inability to orgasm but it has gone away on its own. This medication has given me my life back as well as my personality.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/5/2022
Condition: Panic Disorder

I took 20mg for 4 days. It was awful. Headaches and nausea. Rang GP and asked to stop. The following 6 days have been the worst in my life. Extreme nausea, cant sleep, feeling like i cant breathe properly, diorreah, crying, severe anxiety. Its the worst withdrawal i have ever experienced. I spent days just constantly pacing around. I wish i had never taken this med.

SJ | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2022
Condition: Panic Disorder

I was having stomach issue from very long time. Which made me very depressed and overall life was effected. One day at evening time all of a sudden I got really panic, heartbeat was high and feeling was like having a heart attack. I rushed to hospital, they give me some medicine after which I got stable at that time but tomorrow again at same time same issue occurred again and the panic attacks journey continued. I decided to visit a Physiatrist, after diagnosis Doc told me that u have panic attacks issue related with anxiety. He prescribed me Paxil CR 12.5mg. After taking it for around 3 weeks, panic attacks went disappeared. I decided to quit this med because I was getting lot of weight and also less Sex drive. I decided to tapper my medicine. First 2,3 days of complete not taking it, started to feel shock kind of feeling in brain and confusion all the time. I was feeling complete out of body kind of state. I searched online, found out that these are withdrawal symptoms. which will get better after few weeks but I was getting worse. Suffering with depersonalization symptoms now and foggy state of mind. Doc prescribed 20mg now. Taking it since 3 weeks. Feeling better or worse I don't really know. Read More Read Less

Feelinbetter | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/4/2021
Condition: Panic Disorder

Been taking 12.5mg ER since November of 2018. Still have panic attacks but they are infrequent and significantly less intense. The medication does make me sleepy but not to the point of being unable to function.

Lilly | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/12/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been on this 24 day's, I have less hot flashes but when I walk I sweat so bad & my body is so hot. I drinks lots of water & seem to sleep more hours. Will give it 3 months before I decide if I will continue with this medicine.

brian | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

took it waited for something to happen ,the bottle near full sits in the basement ? take it for what ?

TAB | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/29/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have been on this medication for 19 years and up until now I have been very satisfied with how it work for my mood swings and my husbands happy too.However recently I have had titinits from it that is really bothersome and don't know what to do.

Jared | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/21/2020
Condition: Panic Disorder

This medicine has been great for me. It took a while for it to work, but once it did it helped my anxiety. I haven’t had a major panic attack since taking this medicine.

C | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/16/2019
Condition: Panic Disorder

Very satisfied with Paroxetine. I take 20 mg daily since June 2018. Few side effects during the first couple of weeks, then after 6 weeks, the medication fully kicked in and it was a life-changer. No more panic attacks and anxiety, and most importantly no more endless overthinking.

BettyBoop | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/10/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Hourly hot flashes have dwindled to half a dozen a day. A bit sleepy in the evening earlier than usual, but a welcome time to relax. Dry mouth, so drinking more water! Noticeable weight loss due to lack of appetite...also a plus. More energy in the morning, so more productive. Only taking 10 mg for the past 3 months.

Bksars | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/10/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Has reduced my hot flashes from every hour to about 3x per day. Best treatment I've tried and it also stabilizes my mood.

deb93004 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2019

Instead of a low-dose Ativan previously prescribed by my oncologist, something which I had ZERO side-effects from, my GP decided I shouldn't be taking it any more. After a week of taking 10mg of Paroxetin at bedtime, I told him I was having mild side-effects which were similar to the severe reaction I had to Prozac, so he recommended the "extended release" of Paroxetin 12.5mg instead. Overall, I've been taking this product less than a month now, and I've determined it to be the reason I am constantly in a FOGGY state of mind. I feel like I could stay in bed all day, my head feels pressurized, AND, my eyes & face are puffy. It's Sunday so doc and pharmacy aren't open, but, I'm going to take my chances (hope not to have 'withdrawl' symptoms too)... I'm taking myself off of this, starting today!Read More Read Less

Natdoss | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been using different medicat For hot flashes and this is by far the best!!

Angeleyes | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/1/2018
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I have been talking this medication since 12/27/17 so itâ??s been a little over 1 month I feel like it works for my anxiety but the problem I have noticed is sometimes I have a lot of shaking and I feel so weird when it happens and also it makes me sweat. I was thinking about having my doctor change it. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2017
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

My doctor increased to 40mg twice a day!!!! Thought it worked at first but after 3 months fell so depressed and my anxiety is through the roof.

BIG JOSE | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/10/2017
Condition: Depression

Been taking for a few years and find it works very well for me.