I was prescribed Paroxetine in August 2007 for depression and have been very satisfied with the results. Granted, Paroxetine does not make my issues disappear, rather, stabilizes my mood swings to help me cope with my problems. I feel a lot better and happier with myself, eat better, sleep soundly and am trying new activities that were once just to hard to deal with.

Feelinbetter | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/4/2021
Condition: Panic Disorder

Been taking 12.5mg ER since November of 2018. Still have panic attacks but they are infrequent and significantly less intense. The medication does make me sleepy but not to the point of being unable to function.

Lilly | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/12/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been on this 24 day's, I have less hot flashes but when I walk I sweat so bad & my body is so hot. I drinks lots of water & seem to sleep more hours. Will give it 3 months before I decide if I will continue with this medicine.

brian | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

took it waited for something to happen ,the bottle near full sits in the basement ? take it for what ?

TAB | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/29/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have been on this medication for 19 years and up until now I have been very satisfied with how it work for my mood swings and my husbands happy too.However recently I have had titinits from it that is really bothersome and don't know what to do.

Jared | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/21/2020
Condition: Panic Disorder

This medicine has been great for me. It took a while for it to work, but once it did it helped my anxiety. I haven’t had a major panic attack since taking this medicine.

C | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/16/2019
Condition: Panic Disorder

Very satisfied with Paroxetine. I take 20 mg daily since June 2018. Few side effects during the first couple of weeks, then after 6 weeks, the medication fully kicked in and it was a life-changer. No more panic attacks and anxiety, and most importantly no more endless overthinking.

BettyBoop | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/10/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Hourly hot flashes have dwindled to half a dozen a day. A bit sleepy in the evening earlier than usual, but a welcome time to relax. Dry mouth, so drinking more water! Noticeable weight loss due to lack of appetite...also a plus. More energy in the morning, so more productive. Only taking 10 mg for the past 3 months.

Bksars | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/10/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Has reduced my hot flashes from every hour to about 3x per day. Best treatment I've tried and it also stabilizes my mood.

deb93004 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2019

Instead of a low-dose Ativan previously prescribed by my oncologist, something which I had ZERO side-effects from, my GP decided I shouldn't be taking it any more. After a week of taking 10mg of Paroxetin at bedtime, I told him I was having mild side-effects which were similar to the severe reaction I had to Prozac, so he recommended the "extended release" of Paroxetin 12.5mg instead. Overall, I've been taking this product less than a month now, and I've determined it to be the reason I am constantly in a FOGGY state of mind. I feel like I could stay in bed all day, my head feels pressurized, AND, my eyes & face are puffy. It's Sunday so doc and pharmacy aren't open, but, I'm going to take my chances (hope not to have 'withdrawl' symptoms too)... I'm taking myself off of this, starting today!Read More Read Less

Natdoss | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been using different medicat For hot flashes and this is by far the best!!

Angeleyes | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/1/2018
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I have been talking this medication since 12/27/17 so itâ??s been a little over 1 month I feel like it works for my anxiety but the problem I have noticed is sometimes I have a lot of shaking and I feel so weird when it happens and also it makes me sweat. I was thinking about having my doctor change it. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2017
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

My doctor increased to 40mg twice a day!!!! Thought it worked at first but after 3 months fell so depressed and my anxiety is through the roof.

BIG JOSE | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/10/2017
Condition: Depression

Been taking for a few years and find it works very well for me.

NuturingNature | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/26/2017
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

I noticed a positive effect the first week I started the treatment (at age 30). The relief was almost overwhelming. I hadn't felt like that since I was a kid. With continued treatment, I lost some of my inhibitions, but I was extremely inhibited, so that's mostly good. One of the first things I noticed was that I wasn't so worried about deadlines anymore, which is kind of not a good thing, but I'm still employed. It became MUCH easier to make decisions, too, without so much cross-talk in my head. I did get tired taking it, so switched to taking it at night. Also, due to lower inhibitions, got addicted to nicotine gum because it energized me. That is something I NEVER would have done before paxil. I'm on a steady dose 14mg nictotine patch now, and it actually works pretty well for me in combination with paxil. Kind of a bummer to be so dependent on two drugs. But I'm actually still living and enjoying it! So, I can't complain. I've been on it 14 years now, never had to increase the dose. A milder form of my old problems can still recur under stress, but it's always temporary. I'm worried about long term effects. If I drink more than 2 drinks, and then take a paxil (I take it at night), I feel like I might die if I fall asleep, and I feel odd the next morning in a way that's different than a normal hangover. I guess that's a good way to keep my consumption in check! Though if I must drink more (social occasion), I'll skip the paxil for a night, and that helps. It's all worth it though for me. I'm still shy, but at least I don't clam up and freeze in groups of people anymore. I can actually talk to more than one person at a time even. And I don't jelly over in a grief I can't define properly. And a lot of other things. All in all, I give this drug a thumbs up. I am a bit peeved that it's advertised as being non-addictive, though.Read More Read Less

Paroxetine | 75 or over | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/8/2017
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

Doesn't seem to be working very well. Take for anxiety. This was prescribed by previous doctor.

ajaa | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/23/2017
Condition: Depression

This was effective for mild-medium depression (20 mg), but the dizziness side effect was nasty. If I missed a day or two, I would get so dizzy that I could barely function. I quit the medicine cold turkey once and got terrible withdrawal, which included extreme dizziness, fever-like symptoms, and extreme depressions. I switched to fluoxetine (Prozac), which has a significantly longer life in your body, and the dizziness is almost negligible. If you are having dizziness issues with paroxetine, switching to another medication will help. Read More Read Less

mick | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/7/2016
Condition: Bipolar Depression

Helps my anxiety and panic disorder but not depression at all

Pumpkin3 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/19/2015
Condition: Extreme Apprehension or Fear of Social Interaction

Before taking the drug, I had extreme difficulty interacting socially to the point where I wouldn't walk to the letterbox or answer the telephone. Even family gatherings were a nightmare. Now I feel like a normal person. I go shopping on my own an enjoy social activities. I still find it difficult to answer the phone & I do have my scary days but I'm a completely different person.

Tayab | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/27/2015

This drug helped me in narcolepsy, excessive daytime sleepiness. It is now under control.

AussieJen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/20/2015
Condition: Depression

I have been taking this medication for many years and have had the dosage increased but it is no longer working; I am now having anxiety episodes as well.