I'm a female in my late 30's, I compare my frame to Jada Pinkett Smith. I've been taken Peractin 4mg since Feb. 2013. I weighed myself the first day I started taken the pills and I weighed 104 I weighed myself today cause I see changes and now I'm 120 finally. My doctor stated that I take them 3times a day I only take them twice in the morning and at night. You will be sleepy a lot and crave a lot...

ok

leximills | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/2/2015
Condition: Loss of Appetite

This stuff works really well at first I gained almost a pound a day going from 94lbs to 125lbs I decided to stop after reaching 125 and in about 4 months I went down to 104 again. I guess I will need this for longer I have restarted it a week ago and I'm already 110lbs. I only take one pill a day, which to me is just as effective as taking 2-3. Food tastes better and stress doesn't seem to ruin my appetite anymore.

Kenny | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
11/18/2015
Condition: Stuffy Nose

took one Pill of the stuff and threw them in the bin.Not for me.All it did was knock me out and it gave me restless legs or what I call lolly legs.Some pills do that .Anything that give me lolly legs I throw away .I hate that feeling. and to sum up I still had a stuffy nose . total crap medication.

krishnan | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/8/2015

I was prescribed this drug in my teens in 1973 for treatment of asthma(allergic). I had experienced drowsiness, but on the other hand did me good for relieving sleepless nights from attack of asthma, as well as increase my appettite. It helped me to gain weight and ultimately got cured of asthma.

MomtoThree | 0-2 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
8/24/2014
Condition: Loss of Appetite

My son took Periactin from age 1.5 to 3.5 because he was diagnosed as failure to thrive and was born without much of an appetite. My son also had developmental delays (undiagnosed cause) from the time he was a baby. He had always been low energy (but not sleepy), and we didn't think the Periactin was having any affect on energy nor did it seem to be making him tired. But once we finished treatment with this drug, within 48 hours, his doctors, therapists, family, and friends were noticing a dramatic difference in energy and engagement levels. From that time on, his developmental progress has accelerated, and his doctors assume the drug was very negatively affecting him, making him feel like he was in a fog at all times. He also very much struggled with potty training, which we began near the end of his time on Periactin. Even though he desperately wanted to potty train (and was refusing to go back to diapers), he was having 8-10 accidents a day for months and just didn't seem to have the ability to "hold it". Again, within 48 hours of stopping Periactin treatment, his potty training improved dramatically, with accidents suddenly decreasing to just once a day or so. So while Periactin did certainly increase my son's appetite, the negative side effects that we now recognized in hindsight absolutely were not worth it. Surely there would have been an equally effective drug or treatment without the harmful developmentally-stunting effect.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/4/2014