I had to stop taking this medication for a week because of muscle pain in my legs. Now I am experiencing moderate to severe muscle pain in my back , neck and shoulders. I went to the doctor last month and I am now back on this med @ 40 mg per day. I will be calling him next week to advise him of the muscle pain.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/28/2021
Condition: Changes Involving Fatty Deposits in the Blood Vessels

Halved my plasma cholesterol concentration after 1 year. Unfortunately, I have also lost a LOT of leg and arm muscle mass, but i don't know if this was caused by this drug. I had to stop taking Lipitor due to muscle soreness and muscle loss. I began using statins in 2010 at age 64 and I am now 74.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/1/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

3-4 weeks after taking 10 mg/day of this medication, I developed an itchy rash on my torso and scalp. Not worth it.

MD | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2020
Condition: High Cholesterol

After one week I could easily sleep all day. It feels like all of the fluid has been drained from my back and legs. I just literally want to lay down all day and do nothing. I am usually very active but this has taken away any desire for me to workout since it feels like my legs are jello. Not sure what to do since I dont want to die of a heart attack like my family history has. Tough to lose weight since I dont want to hit the gym. Next step is to call my doctor and let her know but I have been on and off a few statins for the same reasons. They all do the same thing to me. Dang genetics. Oh to be healthy again.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/29/2019
Condition: High Cholesterol

Terrible drug. Eventually I developed extreme muscle pain, itching skin, intestinal upset skin disruptions. Side effects not worth it. Don't use this class of drug.

Judy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/28/2019
Condition: High Cholesterol

I was prescribed this medicine for high cholesterol. I have been taking it daily for several months now but since starting this medicine, Iâ??ve noticed a significant amount of my hair falling out when I shower, my feet and hands are swelling up and my urine, which used to be almost a clear color, is now a very dark color, and I drink nothing but water all day after my coffee in the morning. I would rather have high cholesterol than be a bald, swelled up smelly old woman ! Iâ??m not going to take anymore of this medicine and I would advise anyone who is prescribed this medication to be very careful and listen to your body!