My periods have always been irregular, so my doctor prescribe Provera to regulate my period,I also wanted to get pregnant, I took the pills for 10 day and I got my period,, No JOKE either I got pregnant the following month. I had been trying to get pregnant for years and not after i took this pill that it happened.. so if you have irregular periods like me and are trying to regulate them to get pr...

I HAVE READ ALOT OF THESE POST...AND ONE THING I CAN'T UNDERSTAND.. ALOT OF GIRLS ARE WAITING TO GET OFF THE PROVERA TO GET ON THE CLOMID...BUT GUESS WHAT WHY TAKE THE PROVERA TO START YOUR PERIOD....THE DOC GIVES YOU 5 DAYS WORTH OF CLOMID AND BOOM YOUR PERIOD IS THERE 100% EFFECTIVE....NO PROBLEMS NO SIDE EFFECTS NOTHING....YOU TAKE IT AND U START UR PERIOD AND IT ALSO HELPS U OVULATE ALL IN ONE...

Kimberly | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/7/2021

I am waiting a hysterectomy and I am experiencing horrible headaches .. I’m on 10mg 3x a day to stop my bleeding and clots (hemoglobin is dropping).. I have 3 fibroids the size of tangerines and an elongated polyp.. the nausea is horrible and the cramping is present .. I’m taking 4 iron pills a day and 3 b12 pills as well .. I think this works but not for my condition ..

Rose | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/28/2021

I have huge fibroids and I’m taking 20mg now up from 10 to stop heavy bleeding and my anemia so I can be ready for a hysterectomy. My bleeding stopped again after upping the dosage but my god the cramping and nausea is terrible . I’m so miserable with the random queasiness and I swear it’s making my uterus worse. It feels bigger now. I’m ready for this to be over.

Elginn | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/8/2021

I have uterine fibroids. My doctor prescribed me medroxyprogestron /provera. It was working for about 1 and a half months i had no period. It stopped working now i'm back to very heavy periods. I have an appointment coming up to talk about what is going on. Any one ealse having a similar situation?

Chills | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/24/2019
Condition: Post-Menopausal Symptoms

Been taking this medication in combo with estrogen for significant post menopausal symptoms. It has worked, but I do notice having less patience and increased angerability which is not normal for me. Wondering if anyone else notices same.

Trayana R. | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/10/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I missed my period 3 months straight. I even spent over $100 on pregnancy tests because my SO and I thought I was pregnant but after going to the doctor and telling him what was going on, he prescribed me Provera. He told me to take it for 10 days to see what would happened but it’s only been 5 days into taking it. This is the best medicine that has been made for women with irregular periods so if you have them please talk to your doctor about it.

Tai | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/24/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I went 7 years with no period. Doctor gave me provera. This is my 2nd time using it to have a period. It definitely works. But the periods I have are so heavy definitely abnormally heavy. Every hour I have to change my sanitary products. I dislike the fact the period is so heavy. But it's what I have to do. I had a normal cycle when I was younger, after I had my son my periods just quit. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and Melobolic syndrome. Me and my husband are wanting to have another baby our only child is about to turn 9. Hopefully with the provera and clomid we has a successful pregnancy. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2019
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

I’m very dissatisfied with Provera. It has not eased or stopped my heavy bleeding. Went from 10mg/2 tablets daily to 60 mgper day. Also makes me dizzy. Absolutely useless!

Emgee | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I started provera 10mg for 10 days on 4/3/19. I have PCOS and have not had a period in over 6 months or so. On 4/15 I started spotting and today I had a light period. Taking the pill I had no side effects, except for slight cramps here or there. But once me period wanted to start, I had the worst cramps which kept me up that night - (Mind you , I have fibromyalgia) so it might not be as bad for others. Even with that, I would still recommend Provera.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/1/2018
Condition: Post-Menopausal Symptoms

I had no period since 2013 I am currently 57 yrs old, so menopause sounded like the natural thing that was happening.I have a thickening uterus, Once I stated this medicine all I had was heavy heavy bleeding and cramps, its terrible. Dr. wants me on it for 3 months. I can't bleed for 3 months this is crazy. My Body hurts I have headaches.Ugh Just take my uterus out already.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/11/2018
Condition: Test for the Presence of Estrogen in the Body

i took medroxyprogestron bcoz delayed in periods for almost 1.5 months i took 5 days dosage one in the morning one in the night. after completion of 5 days the spot occurs on 8 th day and the now the periods r going normal . Thanks to the tablet

Teena | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2017
Condition: Post-Menopausal Symptoms

I had to take Provera so to slow the amount of times I menstruate. Sometimes every 2nd week, 3x days very heavy with clots finished by day 7-8. I took the first pill on the day before my monthly and had headaches with mood swings. My monthly started the next day, it was very light over 5days. My headaches and mood swing disappeared on day 2 of my monthly... unsure whether I should continue

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/13/2017

So I got given this drug when I had irregular bleeding due to my birth control, and I was told to take it and it will help to regulate. Literally day 1 I developed the worst headaches and I am so fatigued. I haven't experience mood changes but the headache itself makes me regret taking the drug- I stopped taking it after the 3rd day, it was just too sore. I don't recommend if you are prone to headaches.... :/

KayDee | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month |
7/6/2017
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I was prescribed this medication because I had not had a cycle in 3 1/2 years and at first I was skeptical, but I took it anyway. I was given 10mg for 5 days. I began on a Wednesday and took the last pill on Sunday, by the following Wednesday, I had my cycle...it lasted 9 long days. Although I was happy that the drug worked, I was also happy when my cycle stopped because it was lots of cramps and clots.

NGS3429 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/13/2017
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

My cycles have become extremely heavy and stayed for 2 weeks due to the location of my fibroids so I was provided Provera to take 10 days after the end of my cycle. My next cycle was must lighter (normal) and stayed for 3 days(my normal). My only complaint is that you must be exact with it because my cycles are also irregular and came 11 days early, so I am now suffering with a heavy cycle, but I am having an IUD inserted tomorrow. Hopefully, it will remedy my problem and I won't have to worry about taking pills, heavy bleeding accompanied by huge clots or irregular cycles.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2017
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I have always had irregular periods. I have 1 boy which we conceived naturally but we have been trying for almost 3 years now to have another baby. My doctor prescribed me with provera to induce my period. I staryed my induced period 3 days after i finished with the 10 day provera. So on day 13...this is my second time taking it as I found out I have not been ovulating. He also prescribed me with Clomid to take on day 3 of my cycle. . When I first took provera I had headaches, I was tired all day, very moody and got alot of acne on my face. But when I stopped taking it all the symptoms went away. We will see if I develop any of the same symptoms again the second time around. Read More Read Less

Extasis | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2016
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

I had not had a period in 3 years, and my obgyn prescribed this. At first I did not think it was gonna work, I was on the 10 day plan but I stopped on the 6th day and it still worked! I have been on my period for 7 days now and they have been extremely heavy to the point I thought something was wrong. I do not have a appetite, no migraine, no swelling, I am experiencing weight loss 4 pounds in a week.

Migraine Girl | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/27/2016
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

Only made it through day 4 of medication out of 10 days. Suffered from multiple migraines which would have been important to know from my GYN since it's in my chart that I suffer from chronic headaches & migraines!! Worst migraines I have ever suffered! Also experienced alot of bloating & cramping but never started my period.

Meiko513 | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2016
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods in Woman Who Has Had Them

This medication caused me to get severe headaches, dizziness and I have trouble sleeping. I was fine until I started to take the medication. My life has become a nightmare now. I went to the ER twice for chest pain, headaches, nausea,dizziness. Then, i went to the ER for a third time to do a CT scan and then my arm got bruised for the needles that were stuck to me. I had a severe migraine at the hospital which they treated me but I still have it hasn't gone away. My life has become a nightmare thanks to those provera pills i took. I'm 18 years old btw. Read More Read Less

Lara Philips | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/14/2016
Condition: Post-Menopausal Symptoms

It really reduced the menopausal symptoms which I earlier felt.

joy | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/9/2016
Condition: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding caused by Imbalance of Hormones

took this drug to stop my period that was lasting almost a month. I did abruptly stopped it and I finished the 7th day pills. Two days after I started bleeding a lot. soaked 2 pads within an hour. cramps are present with big clots. I called my ob and she put me on 600 milligram ibuprofen every 6 hours but it didn't help. I am still having a heavy bleeding and it's day 2 now for me. I wonder if someone has the same experienced as mine. I am 49 years old and might be in pre menopause age.