I just need to share this because it may help someone. I didn't want to have my daughter on meds but every year she complains about darkness and anxiety in the winter. Straight A student, driven, attractive girl seems to have everything all together, but I just found out she has been suffering for years. At day 2 on Prozac- she broke up with her boyfriend and finally heard what I have been tryi...

I see from reviews here a lot of people had good results, I am not one of those people.. Everyone reacts differently.. I took one pill a long time ago and I actually had side-effects that lasted for 10 years. It gave me panic attacks and the taste of burning plastic in my mouth... My first day on Prozac I ended up calling 911, cause I thought I was having a heart attack, but it ended up being my ...

??? | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/12/2021
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

I am absolutely disgusted with my parents' decision to force me onto this medicine. They put me on it for suicidal thoughts related to PTSD and after around six weeks of taking it I got an absolute nightmare migraine. It was hell on earth and it was my very first migraine. I felt like I was burning next to the fiery gates of Hell and waiting for the devil's arrival. The worst thing was my parents didn't care and they watched me suffer.

Reality Beast | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/20/2021
Condition: Panic Disorder

I've tried many AD's including other anxiety medications, and I can say the Prozac is one of the best. It's not without challenges. You will have jittery feelings, bouts of anxiety and other weird symptoms when you first start it. But if you tell yourself it's the body getting acclimated to the medication, combined with exercise, meditation and taking warm baths or showers, you will eventually notice how effective this medication is when it comes to neutralizing panic disorder or anxiety. All have weight gain issues, except Wellbutrin and a few others. But these drugs wire you and IMHO do not treat anxiety efficiently. Zoloft and Wellbutrin were the worst. They seem to be effective at the beginning, but as your body gets used to them, the nervousness, difficulty sleeping and jitters will come back To combat weight gain, the two most effective strategies are low carb diets and or intermittent fasting. Try going for 8 hours, then 10 hours and then 12-14 hours if you can. Your weight gain will completely be neutralized. Your energy levels will help counteract the drowsiness Prozac can give you. This combined with exercise daily or at least 3 times a week will change your life Prozac is by far the most effective treatment. I took half of the prescribed dose (one 10mg pill every other day) to allow a slow introduction. If it's too powerful for you, you can ask your doctor or pharmacist to give it to you in a tablet form. This way you can break it in half and take 5mg daily or every other day. I didn't have my first panic attack until the age of 38. I had multiple visits to Urgent Care and visited other specialists like a Pulmonologist and heart doctor because I thought I was either having a heart attack, or my lungs were about to collapse. The anxiety was so bad, that it effected my breathing. Not shortness of breath, but when exhaling, it felt as if my lungs were trying to collapse. When I tried to sleep, it felt like I had to physically and consciously intervene with my breathing so that my lungs wouldn't collapse. I know it sounds crazy. It is one of the most humbling and terrifying feelings I've ever gone through and I will never ever question someone or mock someone when they tell me they suffer with anxiety. You have no control over it and it will rear it's ugly head when you're not expecting it. I hope this helps someone. Just know, that the jitters, restlessness and worry will subside when you first take it. It takes a few weeks for the body to get used to it and for the chemicals in the brain to stabilize. I know a few people that have taken Prozac for 6 months to a year, stopped it to take a break and then start up again when the chemicals in the brain get too low. It's really personal preference and you can talk to your doctor or psych to strategizeRead More Read Less

Linda | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/9/2021

great medication

Happy Gal | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2021
Condition: Depression following Delivery of Baby

Took for anxiety. The most vile medication on the market. It’s the bully of the playground. I was only on 10 mg, couldn’t handle the awful side effects; nausea, headache, insomnia, no appetite, no libido etc etc. So I tried 5 mg & it was no better. Did this for 4 weeks & that was enough for me!!!!!!! Now on 15 mg of Mirtazapine & have not had one side effect!!! Finally feeling normal again!!!! Yay! I would not recommend this prozac. it maybe good for some, but it certainly was not good for me. And from what I can understand, most SSRI’s have the same horrible side effects. Read More Read Less

ilikechocolate1 | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

its good but the side effects werent for me; Restless leg syndrome, bad nightmares and overeating other than that gave me a great deal of happiness

Angel | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression
Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/21/2021
Condition: Depression

I had been on Lexapro for about a year and a half before switching to Prozac. Compared to Prozac, Lexapro did nothing. Since switching, I have noticed such an improvement to my overall mood. There will still always be bad days but Prozac makes them so much more managable for me. I have also not noticed too many side affects. Please remember that everyones brains are different so everyone will react differently. I had a positive experience, but make sure to work with your doctor to find the best fit.Read More Read Less

sk3l3t0nz | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/10/2021
Condition: Depression

It gave me headaches after using it for over a month. Initially, it is normal to experience a lot of bad side effects for the first few weeks, but mine lasted too long.

Nate | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/29/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

worked well, for a while, like 3 months. In the end it felt like taking tylenol to deal with the pain of a fresh bullet wound. I kept getting my dose upped, and after an 80mg dose proved ineffective, I stopped taking it. I won't speak to anyone else using it, as it's a drug meant to alter chemicals in your brain, and because of that, it could miracles for some and be hell for others. In my case, it didn't make things worse, but it definitely didn't make anything better either.

Jo | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/12/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I,ve been on many antidepressants and Prozac was my last one and the most effective.got to normal life again.

Annathebun | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/12/2020
Condition: Depression

I was originally prescribed Prozac when I was 16 for depression, it definitely worked but I had side effects like extreme fatigue and intense nightmares. However it was necessary at the time due to the severity of my depression, and I stayed on it for 2.5 years. Last December I was prescribed it for anxious depression and I still found it had an effect, but less, and my side effects were much more severe, as well as complete loss of sex drive, and nightmares so intense I was unsure what was real and what was dream. Iâ??ve decided the side effects are worse than the benefits and so I am in the process of coming off Prozac now. Read More Read Less

lee | 13-18 | Female | Patient
4/27/2020
Condition: Panic Disorder

I took this drug for a year I had very severe panic disorder it was horrible I couldn't even leave the house my therapist gave me this med to help, it did nothing for two months, I took up to 40mg and I had no changes, it would make me exhausted and I do not recommend this.

Louisianagal | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/9/2020
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Prozac has honestly changed my life for the better. After a terrible experience with Lexapro, I didn’t have much hope for this drug. I used to have extreme difficulty controlling my thoughts. I have struggled with anxiety and minor OCD for several years and after taking 20mg for 6 months now I am feeling so much better. Little things do not bother me and I am able to control my thoughts. Only side effect is mild hand shaking and night terrors, which are definitely outweighed by the positive effects. Stop reading reviews and take the medication. It could change your life too. Read More Read Less

Tammy | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/7/2020
Condition: Depression

Do not ever take this medicine, do not let a doctor prescribe this for you I was on this medication due to the fact that I was depressed for a few years before I started taking it when I lost my twins at three and a half months... I was prescribed this for a couple years later after that happened I took it for about six or seven years, I would have a conversation with somebody for an hour or so and 5 minutes later I had no idea what we talked about it messed with my memory severely. I tried to take myself off at a couple times and I was angry throwing stuff. The best way I can describe it is it helps you put everything away on a Shelf for a while and when you come off it everything hits you like a ton of bricks it blocks everything until you come off it. I have now been it's approximately 15 years and I'm just still getting my memory back. I'm a bus driver I'll be driving along during the day and I'll get a memory back of something that happened years ago not in the way you just remember something but people's names what we talked about years ago things I couldn't remember at the time. It's very scary just downright crazy do not ever let a doctor give you this medicine!!! And just to let you know I worked 10 years in the health field so please I heard you do not ever take this I really didn't know it was back on the market haven't heard anything about it in years and I just assumed it was gotten rid of I'd like to sue personally whoever made best medication to begin with and not for the money not about the money it's about getting it off the market once and for all! Please heed my warning everyone no...Read More Read Less

Amber | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/7/2019
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I have tried so many medications for my depression and bipolar and this has worked the best for me out of everything they've tried. I have been dealing with this for over 20 years and Prozac has been a God send. If you've tried everything and nothing has worked I'd give Prozac a try, it's worth it!!!

Gay George Bocaw | 35-44 | Male | Patient
5/1/2019

It help me feel better

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/28/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have been taking this medication for 5 years at 30mg, when I was first diagnosed with MDD and GAD. It made my life a lot easier to live, once it kicked in. Only negative thing is that in my personal experience, it became less effective over time. I recently relapsed (in the mental health sense) I now have to take several other medications in addition to this to get back on my feet again.

awesome | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/31/2019
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

awesome medicine, I suffer from anxiety, i took 20mg and after a month my anxiety disappear completely, I'm on this from 2.5 years, but it makes me eat alot, I was 60kg and now I'm 85kg, it makes me enjoy eating and crave for sugar, but I'm okay :) my life become so bright and shiny..

Rebecca | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/25/2019
Condition: Depression

When my doctor mentioned Prozac to treat my depression eight months ago, I hesitated to take it. He explained the benefits of prozac. It took me a month to see the positive results. I am so glad I did. I feel wonderful. No more anxiety/panic attacks.

rosan | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/23/2019
Condition: Depression

It definitely helped me through hard times. On the good side, i was neutral emotionally. On the bad side I got pssd and also rage symptoms (that i never had) that may remain or may not for the rest of my life.