My doctor recommends me taking this shot for a common cold. Is this correct, I have been told it is not for that?

I am being treated for MRSA received in the hospital after surgery. I had to have another surgery 3 1/2 weeks after my surgery to clean the area out. Now my husband has to give me an infusion of this every day for at least 6 weeks. CDC is involved and sends out one week's supply for us and they are the ones that will need to clear me. This rates down pretty low in my estimate!

Allison | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/22/2022
Condition: Infection of Spinal Cord or Brain due to Meningococcus

Any time I get a UTI, I get shots of Rocephin. They typically work for me within 48 hours. Sometimes I am given a single dose, other times I have to go to the doctor 3 days in a row for one dose each day. I don’t find the shots as painful as others have described. But, I do have a high pain tolerance. My son had an ear infection, and after 2 rounds of oral antibiotics he was not feeling any better. 3 doses of Rocephin given over 3 days, and he was cured. I highly recommend this antibiotic!

Jo | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/24/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection caused by Klebsiella Bacteria

I had a UTI was given 2 different antibiotics and they were not working. A urinalysis culture was done and was determined this antibiotic would help. I have received 2 shots so far and the 3rd one is tomorrow. The first one hurt some when given, the second one did not hurt at all! I feel great! I must have been really sick! I have energy!

jdgorton | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2017
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus

It worked fast. I felt better in a few days thank you for this drug. I had been very sick over a month and was not getting better. Had already used one antibiotic worked a little at first but came back like bad. I'm thankful for this drug I feel almost human again.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/22/2017
Condition: Infection of the Middle Ear caused by Streptococcus

Dr gave me a shot of Rocephin. Was not painful. Ear and sinus started to clear within two hours.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/13/2015
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus

I was running a very high fever (104) and I was giving this injection along with a penicillin injection. Due to the sever pain the Rocephin causes, my doctor gave me a shot of lydocain prior to injecting it. I felt so much better by the next day.

Dawn | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/30/2015
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection caused by Klebsiella Bacteria

Rocephin injection goes to work almost immediately. Excellent to relieve symptoms very quickly and follow up with antibiotic. Highly recommend.

Ros | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2014
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Woke with my first UTI ever and the pain, burning, blood and urge to go (but couldn't ) were killing me. Went to the doctor the same day and knowing the oral antibiotics necessary make me sick to my stomach I ended up with a series of 3 shots of Rocephin. After just one shot my symptoms (related to confirmed ecoli UTI) were almost gone. The shots hurt like heck but just make sure they mix with lidocaine and also spray lidocaine on your rear before the shot. The quick results overrides the pain of the shots and I would pick 3 days of nights over 7-10 days of nauseating oral antibiotics. I had no side effects except the pain at the site of the shot. No stomach upset at all. Maybe a little hyper as I normally conk in a minute but felt a little restless the evenings after the shot (which I had to after work). Really happy I went that route. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/12/2014
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

Went to Dr thought I had flu tested neg gave me this shot with lidocaine hurt like the devil still not feeling all that great 3 days later with zpak on top of shot but better then before only small case of diarrhea. Did it help me not sure.

DMH | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/21/2014
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I've requested Rocephin injection to treat reoccuring UTIs over the oral antibiotics specifically because it has less side effects (no unpleasant yeast infections or stomach issues) and have not had any problems with the shot or site of the injection itself to date. Provides relief quickly. I like it.

had enough | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2014
Condition: Infection of the Middle Ear by H. Influenzae Bacteria

fighting inner ear infection for 3 months they tried all different antibiotics next was this medication by shot 2hrs later in emergency room bad reaction i got listed as allergic,so im back to square 1 ear problem is driving me insane

cj | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2014
Condition: Pneumonia due to the Bacteria Haemophilus Parainfluenzae

I had to be put on life suport

okie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/4/2013
Condition: Infection of the Middle Ear caused by Streptococcus

The most intense pain i have ever had and it lasted for hours. Still sore next day

Linda D. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/8/2013
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

Almost immediate relief. The nurse gave the 6 injections over a three day period. My lungs cleared with a lot of coughing, but a very serious situation was taken care of quickly.

Hopefull | 55-64 | Female | Patient
11/7/2013
Condition: Lower Respiratory Tract Infection

Always works for me and I have a catastrophic immune deficiency.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | Patient
10/2/2013
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

I am allergic to this drug, closed off my throat and I ended up in the hospital for 4 days.

Craig | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/14/2013
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

Diagnosed with Bacterial Pneumonia on 7/11/13. Given one injection of Rocephin and another the following day 7/12/13, Today, 7/14/13 feel 100% better than I did four days ago. Headaches gone....chest is still sore but breathing is fine. Never experienced anything like this before. Painful.

spreadeagle | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2013
Condition: Skin Infection due to Streptococcus Pyogenes Bacteria

my face is still swollen and I have fever and chills

Missy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/13/2012
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Immediately helped me. It was not a painful shot and I had no side effects.

Mary B | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/10/2012
Condition: Infection of the Urinary Tract caused by Proteus Bacteria

I had a UTI that had lasted for two months. I had one rocephin injection which got rid of the infection. I am diabetic and had one of my toes get very red and it itched. When I treated cuts between toes with neosporin, the redness and itching were gone in two days. I also got redness and itching where I had small insect bites on my skin. The redness and itching spread, but then healed up. I am now taking a 100 mg a day dose of microbid to help me keep from getting a bladder infection. The itching and redness continues where I have had an insect bite and spreads - then after a day or two it goes away. Read More Read Less

pernat | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/16/2012
Condition: Pediatric Fever without a Source

well im back on this site again....so upset!!!three and a half years later from getting this shot IM STILL HEARING IMPAIRED,EARS STILL THROB AND RING 24/7 .I NOW WEAR HEARING AIDS!I CURSE THE DAY I GOT THIS SHOT!!!!!!All of this happened an hour after getting this shot!all i had was bronchitis and my life hasnt been the same since!!!!!!