My doctor recommends me taking this shot for a common cold. Is this correct, I have been told it is not for that?

I am being treated for MRSA received in the hospital after surgery. I had to have another surgery 3 1/2 weeks after my surgery to clean the area out. Now my husband has to give me an infusion of this every day for at least 6 weeks. CDC is involved and sends out one week's supply for us and they are the ones that will need to clear me. This rates down pretty low in my estimate!

jdgorton | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2017
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus

It worked fast. I felt better in a few days thank you for this drug. I had been very sick over a month and was not getting better. Had already used one antibiotic worked a little at first but came back like bad. I'm thankful for this drug I feel almost human again.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/22/2017
Condition: Infection of the Middle Ear caused by Streptococcus

Dr gave me a shot of Rocephin. Was not painful. Ear and sinus started to clear within two hours.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/13/2015
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus

I was running a very high fever (104) and I was giving this injection along with a penicillin injection. Due to the sever pain the Rocephin causes, my doctor gave me a shot of lydocain prior to injecting it. I felt so much better by the next day.

Dawn | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/30/2015
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection caused by Klebsiella Bacteria

Rocephin injection goes to work almost immediately. Excellent to relieve symptoms very quickly and follow up with antibiotic. Highly recommend.

Ros | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2014
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Woke with my first UTI ever and the pain, burning, blood and urge to go (but couldn't ) were killing me. Went to the doctor the same day and knowing the oral antibiotics necessary make me sick to my stomach I ended up with a series of 3 shots of Rocephin. After just one shot my symptoms (related to confirmed ecoli UTI) were almost gone. The shots hurt like heck but just make sure they mix with lidocaine and also spray lidocaine on your rear before the shot. The quick results overrides the pain of the shots and I would pick 3 days of nights over 7-10 days of nauseating oral antibiotics. I had no side effects except the pain at the site of the shot. No stomach upset at all. Maybe a little hyper as I normally conk in a minute but felt a little restless the evenings after the shot (which I had to after work). Really happy I went that route.